*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Critical Thinking, Voltaic and Street Poet all have something to recommend them, while the in-form pair No Diggity and Sparkle In His Eye feature prominently on the shortlist. MAKAMBE has been threatening in recent starts and he might be the answer in a fair race of its type.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
With the Cheltenham Festival less than five weeks away, there was plenty of chat about the four-day fiesta. Paddy’s gone Non Runner Money Back on all 28 races and our trio of podcast pals – plus host Patrick Kennelly – offered up a leg each of a Lucky 15 to set the scene for next month’s meeting. You can listen to the Punters’ Panel show in full BELOW.
An unappealing field in which most have something to prove. TWISTALINE isn’t favoured by the weights but she looks the most likely to give her running and that could see her gain a second win for new connections. Becoming and Isladaay might provide the stiffest resistance.
The market should provide clues as to what is expected from the Godolphin newcomer Deciduous, but BENEDICT WILDES showed plenty of promise when a staying-on second on his Southwell debut last month and there is enough stamina on the dam’s side of his pedigree to suggest he will stay this extra half-mile. Wendell’s Lad also showed promise on his Lingfield debut and shouldn’t be far away.
Eilean Dubh made a solid start for the Karl Burke yard when a close second over C&D last month and will go well if in similar form but preference is for ALREHB (nap), who has the potential to be a class act at this 0-85 level. His novice form looks strong and there were excuses for him in a warm race on his 1m handicap debut so he’s well worth another chance, with the drop back to 7f likely to suit this strong traveller.
- LIKE PADDY POWER NEWS? OR MAYBE YOU JUST LIKE TO WHINGE? TELL US WHAT YOU THINK IN OUR READER SURVEY
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Last year’s winner Lord Riddiford is 9lb higher today and lacks a recent run so this might not be his day. Existent was visually very impressive at Chelmsford four weeks ago and should find this being run to suit so he can’t be discounted despite his 11lb rise. One Night Stand ran very well at Lingfield last week but CAROLINE DALE might be the answer. A smart 2yo, she made a winning return from wind surgery at Southwell and there was plenty to like about the way she saw that race out.
Fairly useful hurdler FLOATING ROCK has a race in him off his modest Flat mark based on his encouraging second at Newcastle in the autumn and the fact that came after a break suggests his subsequent 109-day absence shouldn’t be an issue. Reset Button hasn’t been out of the first two in his last five outings, including a C&D win, so he’s feared most ahead of Red Bond.
A tight finale. PRECISION STORM has a fine C&D record and gets a narrow vote ahead of fellow course specialists Athmad (second choice) and Hector’s Here.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Ruby Walsh: My biggest concern for Energumene ahead of the Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the Championship races
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s antepost best bet for the Turners Novices’ Chase
- Cheltenham Tips: Turners Novices’ Chase antepost preview from Rory Delargy
- Cheltenham Tips: Your best antepost bets for the Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase from our top pundits
- Cheltenham Tips: Frank Hickey explains reason for his Turners Novices’ Chase antepost selection