* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Party Central won her bumper debut for Roger McGrath at Tipperary before the Moran’s picked her up and sent her to Gordon. She was second in a listed mares bumper at Navan and was then only a neck behind Grangee in the Grade 2 mares bumper at last year’s Dublin Racing Festival (She had the likes of Brandy Love and Take Tea behind). She finished the season with a listed mares bumper win at Fairyhouse.
She has won two of her three starts over hurdles with her defeat coming at Down Royal where I think you can forgive that, as she jumped into the back of Glan at the second last and was eased up immediately. She won a listed mares novice over 2m4f at Punchestown last time by a head but that doesn’t do her justice, as she appeared to idle close to home. I think this trip of just under two and a quarter miles is ideal for her and her mark of 121 looks lenient enough. She is as big as 20’s for the mares novice. There are worse Cheltenham antepost bets to be had.
This is a cracking race but it’s difficult to look beyond Galopin Des Champs after his demolition job at Christmas. Capodanno will give us a line to Bob Olinger and Fury Road and Master McShee will ensure Galopin Des Champs won’t have it all his own way.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Chacun Pour Soi has obviously disappointed in the Champion Chase and the Tingle Creek but he has been really solid in Ireland, only suffering a defeat to A Plus Tard in eight starts here. He has beaten the likes of Allaho, Min, Fakir D’oudairies and Defi Du Seuil. Anything like his best here and he should take plenty of beating in his quest for a hat trick of wins in this race.
Rebel Gold‘s form figures of P, P, 7, F, 2 wouldn’t inspire huge confidence but I’m taking a punt on him. He was an excellent second in the Tim Duggan over 2m4f at Limerick on heavy ground, only beaten a half length behind Spyglass Hill and now he is 3lb better off with him. He travelled like the best horse and Cathal Landers held onto him until going to the last but he couldn’t pick up quick enough on the heavy ground to get by.
Prior to that he was going well when he fell three out in a decent handicap chase at Gowran. He’s still unexposed over fences as he’s only had seven starts. He was third to Asterion Forlonge in a Punchestown beginners chase, where the now 157 rated Conflated was second, now 142 rated School Boy Hours was fourth, 145 Braeside was fifth. Most of his running has been right handed but I wouldn’t be massively worried about that without a bit more evidence. He has won on good ground over hurdles, so the ground shouldn’t be an issue even though his chase runs have all come on testing ground.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
- LIKE PADDY POWER NEWS? OR MAYBE YOU JUST LIKE TO WHINGE? TELL US WHAT YOU THINK IN OUR READER SURVEY
Honeysuckle will win and you would expect Zanahiyr to finish second, especially as there’s no No Appreciate It.
The vibes are strong and if Willie feels he is a better fit than Dysart Dynamo for the Supreme then you can’t oppose him here even at the short price. Willie has a cracking record in the race and while he doesn’t always win the first string. Sir Gerhard’s only defeat was his third in the Champion Bumper at Punchestown. He was the easy winner of his hurdles debut here at Christmas and the third Ash Tree Meadow has won nicely since. There could be another little shake up in the Supreme market after this.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
Coltor has Sam Ewing booked which is very interesting as he’s only had five starts over hurdles. He was fifth in the Boodles off 127 and was pulled up in the Pertemps qualifier at Christmas. He’s back to 2m here and he is rated 90 on the flat (he won a competitive Galway handicap off 83 over 2m1f on the flat). A strong pace here should suit and makes each-way appeal at the price.
Sea Ducor is quickly developing into a cliff horse of mine but I can’t abandon him just yet. He was weakish in the market here at Christmas and his run suggested that it was needed after a five month break. He has only had four starts over hurdles. He was second to Aspire Tower on his debut when well backed. He beat Galopin Des Champs on his next start after a year off and was then second to Master MacShee at Leopardstown off 132, though Master MacShee was running off 132 and is now a Grade 1 winner over fences.
Harmonya Maker made her debut in a Mares Listed bumper at Navan and Jamie Codd felt his ride cost her the win. The Model Kingdom won. She made no mistake next time at Punchestown when winning by 12l.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
PP NEWS IS YOUR HOME OF THE BEST HORSE RACING TIPS EVERY WEEKEND
- All our top tipsters feature in this Dublin Racing Festival Cheat Sheet
- Don’t miss Mick Fitzgerald’s Saturday horse racing tips for the Dublin Racing Festival
- We’ve another leading tipster with Paul Jacobs’ racing tips for ITV today
- And don’t forget the wee man himself with Ruby Walsh’s Dublin Racing Festival tips today
- Also, ITV’s Matt Chapman is joining in on the act too… here’s Matt’s Sunday tips from across the tracks
- PPTV’s James Shortt also has his Dublin Racing Festival Sunday tips
- WATCH: PADDY POWER’S REWIND SHOW IS BACK TO SET THE SCENE FOR THE DUBLIN RACING FESTIVAL
- FRANK HICKEY: DISAPPOINTING THAT AHOY SENOR ISN’T BEING AIMED AT THE CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP
- DUBLIN RACING FESTIVAL 2022 ANTEPOST BETTING AND GUIDE TO THE 8 GRADE 1 RACES
- Cheltenham tips: TURNERS NOVICES’ CHASE ANTEPOST PREVIEW FROM RORY DELARGY
- Cheltenham tips: YOUR BEST ANTEPOST BETS FOR THE BROWN ADVISORY NOVICES’ CHASE
- Cheltenham tips: YOUR ULTIMATE ANTEPOST BETTING GUIDE TO THE 2022 FESTIVAL
- Cheltenham tips: ALBERT BARTLETT HURDLE ANTEPOST BETS FROM OUR TOP PUNDITS
- Cheltenham tips: PADDY’S PUNDITS PICK THEIR BALLYMORE NOVICES’ HURDLE BEST ANTEPOST BETS