*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Lingfield 14:45 – Cool Spirit
We are not expecting him to get anywhere near a peak rating of 85 again, but Cool Spirit finds himself down in Classified company for the very first time at the 0 to 50 ratings level. This will be his first try at this course, yet the downhill, sharp nature of the track looks absolutely tailor-made for him. This looks a golden opportunity for him to return to the winner’s enclosure.
Lingfield 15:20 – Fair And Square
Fair and Square is in the form of his life and doesn’t warrant being rated as low as 64. One of the real classy riders, Rossa Ryan, throws his leg across him for the first time and he’s not the type to blast off and use up all the petrol early on. He will be close to the front end, yet keep a little back for that finishing kick. Has yet to reach his full potential and surely will be winning more races.
Lingfield 16:24 – Forge Valley Lad
I’m going to give Forge Valley Lad one more roll of the dice at this 1m 2f trip as they may have been stretching him out over 1m 4f and he hasn’t quite been able to finish to full effect. The trip looks ideal and he’s also reunited with Luke Morris who gets a good tune out of him. This bunch are hiding nothing from the handicapper and he may just has a little bit of wriggle room dropping back down in distance.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Newcastle 16.10 El Picador
A cast off from one of the bigger stables in the south of England but has proven to be pretty profitable for Keith Dalgleish & Co. when last seen at Hamilton last May. El Picador has some solid form in the book over this trip as well and given his pedigree he’s bound to improve with another year on his back. He shouldn’t be scratching around in Class 5 company for too long.
Newcastle 17:45 Good Earth
Takes a slight raise in company from his last win over course and distance, but is only 4lb higher and should be able to cope with a slight raise in class. Good Earth is a hold-up performer and should have the race run to suit, as a few like to ping along in here. Michael Herrington’s small yard have had a cracking start to 2022 and it can continue here.
Newcastle 19:15 Shalaa Asker
Adrian Keatley’s runner only just failed to peg back Blue Flame over course and distance last time despite being a little too keen in the early stages. He should be dropped in again now and young Ryan Sexton takes off a very valuable 7lbs off as he looks for just his third success as a rider.
He’s been given a great opportunity as Shalaa Asker looks the class act of the field having previously being rated in the low 80’s.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham tips: Turners Novices’ Chase antepost preview from Rory Delargy
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh’s antepost best bet for the Turners Novices’ Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey explains reason for his Turners Novices’ Chase antepost selection
- Cheltenham tips: Your best antepost bets for Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase from our top pundits
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- When is the Dublin Racing Festival? Race schedule and times for two-day meeting
- Paddy Power Irish Gold Cup entries revealed as Paddy dangles €150,000 bonus