*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Worcestershire trainer Richard Newland has a very healthy 29% strike-rate at Sedgefield and BOLINTLEA, a 3m point winner who has shown promise in bumpers, is taken to make a winning hurdle debut now back up in trip. Betty Baloo has been runner-up in maiden hurdles the last twice and is second choice, while Fairfield Ferrata and Nora The Xplorer are others who could go well.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Three-time course winner ROAD WARRIOR (nap) arrives in top form and should be a tough nut to crack. He earns the vote ahead of Just Call Me Al, a two-time winner over hurdles here who has run well over fences the last twice.
The Jonjo O’Neill-trained ANYHARMINASKING has shot up 13lb for his recent handicap debut win at Catterick but had bundles in hand and this unexposed 5yo can follow up. Snookered has an excellent record over hurdles at Sedgefield and could be best of the rest, with Gordon’s Jet and Ellaat others who warrant consideration.
There could be big improvement to come from the handicap/chase debutant CALIDAD, who is attractively weighted on his best hurdles effort and makes the long journey from Oxfordshire as Harry Whittington’s only runner on the card. Judged purely on last-time-out form Heartbreak Kid looks the biggest threat, but Crack Du Ninian is respected back on better ground.
The drop back in trip could be ideal for the lightly raced 7yo STORM LORENZO and he’s taken to post a first win. Fightfortheroses is an obvious danger having won by 4l here last time, with the consistent Hungry Tiger next on the list.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
With three of his five rivals out of the handicap today, this looks a good opportunity for DALKINGSTOWN to follow up his recent, convincing win over C&D. Light Flicker and Tanora are possible threats but Hidden Cargo could be a good value option for the forecast from 7lb out of the weights, having been in fair form at Catterick the last twice.
The handicap debutants can be split into two sets of two, as STOKES and Tiger Jet are solid types based on hurdles form and Mahanakhon Power and Lightning Attack are possible improvers based on peak Flat form. Evita Du Mesnil warrants respect kept to this grade and Enlighten also has possibilities. First choice is Stokes, ahead of Tiger Jet.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
Unexposed class-dropper FAME VALLEY gets the verdict. He made a promising handicap debut at Ayr three weeks ago and may be capable of progress. Last-time-out scorers Demi Sang, Set In Stone and The Steward are obvious dangers, in that order of preference. Also watch out for Silkstone on his second start for a new stable.
Sedgefield Betting Tips:
- LIKE PADDY POWER NEWS? OR MAYBE YOU JUST LIKE TO WHINGE? TELL US WHAT YOU THINK IN OUR READER SURVEY
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Ruby Walsh: My biggest concern for Energumene ahead of the Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Dynamo powers into Novice Hurdles picture with impressive win
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS:
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh knights Sir Gerhard as his Supreme Novices’ Hurdle antepost best bet
- Cheltenham tips: Albert Bartlett Hurdle antepost bets from our top pundits
- Cheltenham tips: Paddy’s pundits pick their Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle best antepost bets