* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
FAR AWAY THOUGHTS popped up at 40/1 on his racecourse debut over course and distance and proved that was no fluke when a solid second to Party on Girl when trying to give her lumps of weight. That form has been boosted since with the winner carrying a penalty to success subsequently, He looks to have been found a decent opportunity to get another deserved success.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
PALAVECINO Is carrying top white in this lineup for a reason having proven himself on more than one occasion around here, he was second only beaten a neck behind Bangkok in the Easter classic all-weather middle-distance championship last season and that is rock solid form, he may well get a soft time on the front end and be very tough to pass.
Hopefully the handler Michael Attwater has MINHAAJ ready to go off a little break of 153 days. Her previous tries after an absence have been okay and she has one piece of standout form over course & distance, when finishing third only beaten half a length off a mark of 81. She now reappears off a lowly-looking 67 and is flying under the radar. An each-way play.
SHORTS ON looks to have been fairly leniently treated by the handicapper, on the same mark of just 64, after a staying- on third over a furlong shorter at this venue last time. He was never quite getting to grips with the front two on that occasion, but seems sure to flourish now stepping up in distance.
OCEANLINE has been super consistent since switching back onto the level with excellent efforts at Wolverhampton and an unlucky second at this track last time over two miles. He normally drops in and likes to have something to aim at, but this race doesn’t look loaded with pace. He is is a guaranteed stayer, so hopefully our jockey will take the race by the scruff of the neck and let him stride along early.
NORTHERN wasn’t cheap as he cost €50,000 as a yearling and he has started life in handicaps at bargain basement level. He got the job done at the first time of asking over this trip at Lingfield, but was rushed up and did far too much in the middle part of his race last time and disappointingly faded after his early exertions to finish sixth. He’s a lightly-raced low mileage improver and still looks nowhere near his ceiling rating. He can start the climb back up the ladder again now.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Ruby Walsh: My biggest concern for Energumene ahead of the Cheltenham Festival
- Paddy Power Cotswold Chase attracts 8 entries including Chantry House
- Cheltenham Festival: Dynamo powers into Novice Hurdles picture with impressive win
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh knights Sir Gerhard as his Supreme Novices’ Hurdle antepost best bet
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s best antepost bets for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Supreme Novices’ Hurdle antepost picks from Rory Delargy
- Cheltenham tips: Albert Bartlett Hurdle antepost bets from our top pundits
- Cheltenham tips: Paddy’s pundits pick their Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle best antepost bets