*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
An open race in which the vote goes to LINCOLN GAMBLE, who has done well since joining Ivan Furtado and put in a dominant display when justifying favouritism over C&D three weeks ago. The main threat could come from Are You Able, who beat a clear second in a Chelmsford maiden last time and is open to more progress back in a handicap. Hachert is on a dangerous mark and looks interesting on his step back up in trip, while others on the shortlist are English Spirit and Macs Dilemma.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
With doubts about what Handel is capable of at present this looks an excellent chance for ZAMEKA to get off the mark unless the betting speaks strongly in favour of one of the Brian Meehan newcomers.
Roxzoff should be winning one of these before long but the widest draw isn’t ideal today and this may be best left to FRISTEL and Dark Flyer. The selection has shown promise in his novice runs and looks a likely improver now upped to 7f for the first time.
A few possible improvers now upped to 1m4f, notably All About Alice, Samurai Sneddz, Cicely and Little Emma Loulou, but VAXHOLM, the only previous winner in the field, continues on the up and may be able to defy his latest rise in the weights.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
The way he ran on to lead towards the finish over slightly shorter here on his handicap debut suggests OLD PORT (nap) should have more to come at this trip so he can make light of a 5lb rise. Crown Power (second choice) and Mighty Power arrive in reasonable form and should figure if reacting positively to first-time cheekpieces. Broomy Law is another who should have a part to play.
Preference is for John Butler’s SOPHAR SOGOOD, who recorded his third AW win when battling well over 2m at Southwell last month and is only 1lb higher than for that success. The reliable Beat The Breeze is feared most, though Garrison Commander has each-way claims and Chase The Dollar looks interesting on his step up to this trip.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
First Verse should go well back at 6f, while Brazen Arrow is capable at this level and Miracle Garden should leave his latest start behind him. RED ALLURE went very close over this trip on her penultimate start though and she is much more appealing than most of her rivals.
Axel Jacklin is the obvious starting point after his near miss here 17 days ago and he has to be taken very seriously. SEEKING PERFECTION is an interesting alternative starting out for a new yard though as you don’t have to go too far back to find form that gives her very strong claims.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh reveals the Gold Cup antepost bet he’s already placed
- Cheltenham Tips: A 20/1 shout tops Frank Hickey’s best antepost bets for the Mares’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh’s best antepost bet for the Champion Bumper
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s 4 early antepost wagers for the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: 20/1 antepost shout tickles Frank Hickey’s fancy in the National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Rory Delargy explains Run Wild Fred antepost pick for National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost best bet from Rory Delargy