*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
*Market Rasen has been abandoned due to frost
ITV are also at the big Lingfield card for this handicap chase over 2m. ECLAIR D’AINAY is up 7lb for a fine success at Wetherby last time which will make this harder. That said, although at his highest mark he’s only a few pounds above his best hurdle mark and can score for trainer Dan and jockey Harry Skelton.
14:05 Market Rasen – Ladykiller
Another handicap hurdle now this time over an extended 2m. LADYKILLER could be chucked in off 109 considering he was rated 103 on the Flat when running at Goodwood two runs ago. Now don’t get me wrong, Ladykiller is clearly nowhere near that mark on the level, but he should stay well judged by his Flat form and ran well enough at Newbury last time. Big eachway chance for David Pipe and Tom Scudamore.
A conditions hurdle over 2m7f. This is not a gimme for ON THE BLIND SIDE at the age of ten but if you ignore his last run he really should be good enough for Nicky Henderson and Nico de Boinville. Remember he’s only just got double digits agewise and his second to Thomas Darby at Newbury a few runs ago would be good enough I would think.
14:40 Market Rasen – Flirtatious Girl
A decent bumper in the middle of the action over an extended 2m. Hard to be sure here, but I’ll stick with FLIRTATIOUS GIRL for Kim Bailey and Ciaran Gethings. The mare has won at Warwick and in a big field at Sandown and was second at Huntingdon from just three starts. Must have a big say.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
This looks a good novice chase over nearly 3m. The mare QUEENOFHEARTS gets plenty of weight here and might be good enough for Lim Bailey and David Bass. She ploughed through the mud at Haydock when last seen and appeared to relish this trip. If she’s ready she has a big shout. Very lightly raced recently.
15:15 Market Rasen – Ashfield Paddy
Here’s a handicap chase over 3m. ASHFIELD PADDY should have an eachway chance for the Jonjo O’Neill father/son combo. My selection wasn’t too far off the pace when being brought down last time and prior to that had run well at Bangor when second. His mark is workable so he should at least give us a run.
A handicap hurdle over 2m. HUDSON DE GRUGY stayed on well in the mid to score at the track last time and might be able to defy a 3lb rise for Jamie and Gary Moore. He did really well to win that day when I was working at the track and the suggestion was there might be a bit more to come. Let’s hope!
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE’VE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- Cheltenham Tips: Ruby Walsh delivers antepost betting verdict on the Mares Novice Hurdle
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 entries revealed for the 4 novice chases
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s 4 early antepost wagers for the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: 20/1 antepost shout tickles Frank Hickey’s fancy in the National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Rory Delargy explains Run Wild Fred antepost pick for National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost best bet from Rory Delargy