* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
GET A TONIC made it back-to-back wins over hurdles with a striking performance at Uttoxeter last month, quickening to lead after three out and always doing enough from there to win by over 3 lengths (had plenty in hand).
The runner-up gave that form a boost when going one place better on his next start at Chepstow and Get A Tonic looks the type to go on improving. She rates a confident selection to take the step up in grade in her stride and complete a hat-trick.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
UNDERSUPERVISION shaped encouragingly when third on his handicap debut at this course three weeks ago, sticking to his task well to be beaten only 6-and-a-half lengths. That was a big step in the right direction, and he looks a useful novice chaser who may yet have more to offer after only three starts over fences. This will be his toughest test yet taking on more experienced rivals, but he is fancied to rise to the challenge now back up slightly in trip.
L’HOMME PRESSE has made a highly encouraging start to his chasing career, winning both his starts to date in taking style. He was well on top at the finish when easily dismissing some talented rivals at Ascot last time, drawing clear from three out to land the spoils by 13 lengths. He seems sure to go on to bigger and better things and his name certainly wouldn’t look out of place on an illustrious roll of honour for this Grade 2.
FUNAMBULE SIVOLA is a stablemate of L’Homme Presse at the yard of Venetia Williams, who has her team in top form at present (22% strike rate in December). Funambule Sivola ran right up to his best when second on his reappearance in the Peterborough Chase at Huntingdon, probably doing too much too soon and keeping on well under the circumstances to be beaten only four-and-a-half lengths here. He is entitled to strip fitter now back in handicap company and a BHA mark of 155 looks potentially lenient judged on the balance of his form.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
SPIRITOFTHEGAMES is on a losing run stretching back to October 2018, but he has performed with credit in some big handicap chases in the interim – showing useful form on several occasions. He is back over hurdles today and there is little doubt he can be competitive from a BHA mark of 135 if arriving on a going day. After all, it’s not that long ago that he was placed in a Paddy Power Gold Cup over fences from a mark of 148.
BREWIN’UPASTORM produced a very smart performance to give weight and a beating to his rivals at Aintree eight weeks ago, quickening clear between the final two flights to win by 9 lengths in dominant fashion.
Plenty of his rivals had questions to answer and the form is difficult to weigh up, but Brewin’Upastorm clearly ran right up to his best after seven months off and wind surgery. He looks set for another productive campaign and this Grade 2 is an ideal opportunity for him to register the eighth success of his career.
BEYOND BOUNDARIES has an attractive Flat pedigree, being by Australia out of a 7-furlong winner who has already produced the smart Western Australia by the same sire. Beyond Boundaries possibly hasn’t been the easiest to train given that he is only making his debut now, but he still rates a fascinating recruit to bumpers given his connections. It will be interesting to see whether the market speaks in his favour as a debutant taking on several previous winners in this listed heat.
GET FAST RESULTS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE
- WE’VE GOT ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU NEED
New Year’s Day horse racing tips
- Ruby Walsh horse racing tips: 5 best bets for New Year’s Day in the UK
- Ruby Walsh horse racing tips: 7 super selections for New Year’s Day in Ireland
- Mick Fitzgerald horse racing tips: 7 sweet New Year’s Day plays for the ITV Races
- Matt Chapman horse racing tips: 8 ITV Racing picks for New Year’s Day
- Frank Hickey horse racing tips: 8 New Year’s Day punts in the UK & Ireland
- Horse racing cheat sheet: Our Pundits’ Glorious plays for ITV Racing on New Year’s Day
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s ‘left field’ shout to challenge Honeysuckle
- Paddy Power free bet offer: Have a Yankee at Cheltenham this New Year’s Day on us
- Paddy Power New Year’s Day Chase runner-by-runner guide and best bet
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Energumene is on the scene in Champion Chase shake-up
- Cheltenham Festival: Blazing Khal has Paddy on the run in the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle