* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Engrave drew away with Maysong and The Game Is On, with Psyche and Dream Chaser further back, at Chelmsford 11 days ago. There’s nothing to choose between the front three on revised terms under the same jockeys, but Engrave has to prove she’s as effective on Tapeta, while Maysong has been expensive to follow and the temptation is to look elsewhere.
Course specialist Pink Jazz has possibilities, but LOFTY showed this trip is within range over course and distance last Monday, despite pulling hard in a first-time tongue-tie, and gets the nod off the same mark.
HELLO FROM PADDY POWER NEWS!
Preference is for the Frankel filly PLAYDAY, who left her debut form well behind when runner-up at Lingfield 19 days ago and is open to further progress for an in-form yard. Fozzie Bear (second choice) and Jelly Baby look the main form dangers, though are some newcomers who need a close look in the market including the Gosdens Operating – who is a brother to two very useful winners.
Neil King has had a 40/1 winner over hurdles this month, as well as having a few others go well at prices, and it wouldn’t surprise were the change in scenery to do the trick with Celtic Classic, the one proven winner in the field. That said LEROY BROWN, who’s better handicapped than over hurdles, will likely never be found a better opening on the Flat.
Now 4lbs lower than when winning over course and distance in March, STARFIGHTER‘s latest effort is best ignored and he can see off the reliable Carey Street. Alyara may be the one to take them along and the return to a left-handed course may help on her Tapeta debut.
Likely this boils down to NANKEEN and Eternal Summer, and the market should tell a tale, with the Gosden newcomer getting 12lbs from the selection in receipt of a penalty and the sex allowance.
Habitual hard-puller Canagat is back on a competitive mark and drawn to attack, but he’ll be vulnerable over this longest trip to date unless settling better and this is essentially all about UMM HURAIR (NAP) – who won easily on her handicap debut over course and distance early in the month and remains open to plenty of improvement. Bearwith is another to consider back on Tapeta.
GET YOUR FAST RESULTS QUICKER THAN A HICCUP
- WE’VE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
LUSCIFER is the obvious starting point after two solid course and distance efforts for his new yard, while Mashaan is a longstanding maiden who can pull hard. Always Dreaming usually runs well here too.
GET THE LOW-DOWN ON THE FORM
- READ UP ON OUR TIDY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Timeform horse racing tips: Through the Musselburgh card on Monday
- Lingfield horse racing tips: A classy 13/2 shot heads our Lingfield selections
- Monday horse racing NAPs: Get all today’s best bets in PP News’ table
- Paddy Power racing punter nets €37,239 off €1 Lucky 15
- Welsh Grand National: Highland Hunter the favourite after Sandown success
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Energumene is on the scene in Champion Chase shake-up
- Cheltenham Festival: Blazing Khal has Paddy on the run in the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle