* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV Saturday gets under way here with a handicap chase over 2m 3f and this is wide open. DIEGO DU CHARMIL is a well handicapped horse and runs this track with merit, so it taken as an each-way chance for the champion trainer Paul Nicholls and Harry Cobden.
My selection was not at his best last time, but in November 2019 was a winner off 150 here and second off 156 later in the same month. He’s on a rating of 147 on Saturday and, if back to shape, will run well.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
ITV also show two races from Haydock, including this handicap hurdle over 2m 3f and it is tricky! BOSS MAN FRED once looked good at Doncaster for the Skeltons, but has clearly had issues recently. He would probably prefer a bit further, but if they go a gallop might run through some beaten horses under Lorcan Williams. He’s got an each-way chance in this one.
I was all over Buzz in this but when he came out it took little persuasion to swap to Thyme Hill. At the age of seven, Thyme Hill is arguably the top stayer in Europe and he was fabulous at Aintree in April. He flopped when last seen in France, but I fully expect him to bounce back here for the master Philip Hobbs and the very talented Tom O’Brien.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
This is the Tommy Whittle Handicap chase over an extended 3m 1f. SAM’S ADVENTURE is a huge risk with recent form including PU-U-U, but he is well handicapped on his Eider Handicap Chase win of 2021 and stays all day for trainer Brian Ellison. If he keeps things together, he’s capable of being in the mix for jockey Henry Brooke. The gelding rates as another each-way selection.
This is a Listed handicap chase here over 3m. Not many are in great form and some suspect at the trip. CLOTH CAP showed some zest in the Ladbrokes Trophy last time though, and the ground is ideal for him. He’ll go from the front under Jonjo O’Neill Jr and might have a few off the bridle at the half-way mark. He comes with a warning, but I will play him each-way for the father and son team.
Now a Grade 3 handicap hurdle over nearly 2m. I’ll have a go here with LUTTRELL LAD for Philip Hobbs and Tom O’Brien. A decent bumper horse, he has fared okay at Chepstow and Exeter this season, but has been a horse gagging for a strong pace to run at. He should get that in this field.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
13:50 Ascot – Diego Du Charmil (Each-Way)
14:05 Haydock – Boss Man Fred (Each-Way)
14:25 Ascot – Thyme Hill
14:40 Haydock – Sam’s Adventure (Each-Way)
15:00 Ascot – Cloth Cap (Each-Way)
15:35 Ascot – Luttrell Lad
GET FAST RESULTS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE
- WE’VE GOT ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU NEED
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Paddy Power racing punter nets €37,239 off €1 Lucky 15
- Cheltenham International Hurdle: Our runner-by-runner guide as Song For Someone faces 6 rivals
- Welsh Grand National: Highland Hunter the favourite after Sandown success
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Energumene is on the scene in Champion Chase shake-up
- Cheltenham Festival: Blazing Khal has Paddy on the run in the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle