* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV Saturday gets under way here with a big betting heat in a handicap chase over extended 2m 4f. DOSTAL PHIL was a staying on fourth in the fabulous Paddy Power Gold Cup and is worth backing each-way to go three places better. Trained by the master Philip Hobbs and ridden by Aidan Coleman, Dostal Phil is a lightly raced eight-year-old who has not been tried over this trip many times.
However, that last effort suggested he gets the distance well and he would have been closer if not hampered at the 10th fence. He’s now got two good runs at Aintree and Cheltenham to his name in big fields, and surely must go well off 1lb higher mark.
HELLO FROM PADDY POWER NEWS!
ITV are also at Doncaster Saturday starting with this handicap hurdle over an extended 2m. Most of these are high in the handicap, but I will go with the in-form TAKEIT EASY for Paul O’Brien and Pam Sly. He has run well at Ludlow, Stratford, Wetherby and Huntingdon this term, and the efforts suggest the current mark is still workable. He should give us a good run for our money.
A Grade 2 here in a novices’ hurdle over nearly 3m and I’ll take a chance with GELINO BELLO for Paul Nicholls and Harry Cobden. I say take a chance not because of a huge price, but because my selection looked short on stamina last time against the re-opposing Blazing Khal and has to go further today. However, Nicholls is clearly confident in the distance not being the issue and perhaps Gelino Bello simply wasn’t at his best when last seen.
A Grade 2 juvenile hurdle here over an extended 2m. PORTICELLO looked decent on British debut for Jamie and Gary Moore and I’ll stick with him to carry on the good work. There is a line with Knight Salute as Porticello beat Magistrato in France and that runner was behind Knight Salute at Cheltenham. My hope has to do more – but could well do.
GET THE LOW-DOWN ON THE FORM
- READ UP ON OUR TIDY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Another Grade 2 in the International Hurdle over 2m 1f. This is not a vintage renewal, so I’ll take a chance on an upset by GUARD YOUR DREAMS for the Twiston-Davies team of jockey Sam and trainer Nigel.
The improving five-year-old was a fair third behind Buzz at Ascot looking as though he would enjoy this slight drop in trip. Prior to that he came home strongly over slightly further than this at this track. He’s something to find on paper, but this is winnable.
Here’s a handicap chase over 3m. A hard race. FIDUX has nothing in hand on handicap rating, but he’s going well for Alan King and should give Tom Bellamy a good ride. His effort at Haydock last time was decent and he stays well. He’s also young.
GET YOUR FAST RESULTS QUICKER THAN A HICCUP
- WE’VE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
This is a handicap hurdle over an extended 2m 4f. Trapista could be anything, but I’ll stick with the class top weight INDEFATIGABLE for Paul Webber and Daryl Jacob. The former Martin Pipe winner started off this season in great style when scoring at Wetherby. She then ran no race behind Thomas Darby at Newbury, but is clearly much better than that. Hopefully, she can outclass this field.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
13:50 Cheltenham – Dostal Phil
14:05 Doncaster – Takeit Easy
14:25 Cheltenham – Gelino Bello
14:40 Doncaster – Porticello
15:00 Cheltenham – Guard Your Dreams
15:15 Doncaster – Fidux
15:35 Cheltenham – Indefatigable
Saturday’s Horse Racing tips:
- Saturday horse racing tips cheat sheet: All the tips you’ll ever need from our star pundits
- Mick Fitzgerald Saturday horse racing tips: 7 sweet picks for the ITV races
- Ruby Walsh Saturday horse racing tips: The best bets for the races on ITV at Cheltenham & Doncaster
- Paul Jacobs Saturday horse racing tips: 5 value plays from across the tracks
- Jason Weaver Saturday horse racing tips: The day’s best bets at Newcastle & Wolverhampton
- Frank Hickey Saturday horse racing tips: His super selections at Cheltenham & Doncaster
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Racing Post Gold Cup: Our runner-by-runner guide to the 15 Cheltenham contenders
- Cheltenham International Hurdle: Our runner-by-runner guide as Song For Someone faces 6 rivals
- Welsh Grand National: Highland Hunter the favourite after Sandown success
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Energumene is on the scene in Champion Chase shake-up
- Cheltenham Festival: Buzz cut as Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle market shaken up