* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
FAMEAFTERTHEGLORY showed plenty in bumpers and this winning pointer should do even better over obstacles, so is taken to make a successful debut over hurdles. Trendy Lady and Gorki d’Airy are feared most.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
The one who makes most appeal is WHISKEYWEALTH, who was set to win comfortably when falling at the last on his Limerick hurdle debut in the spring and should be capable of showing a similar level of form with a recent run under his belt. Majavango and Salamanca Bay are considered the main threats.
HARVEY’S QUAY shaped very well when third on his handicap bow here last time, so is fancied to open his account nudged up just 1lbs. Sefton Warrior is feared most on the back of his good Fairyhouse second with both Secret Sea and Fassbender high on the shortlist too in a competitive handicap.
PENCILFULLOFLEAD may have plenty more to offer and given his decent record fresh this could be a good stepping stone to further glory. Burrows Saint, fourth in the National, presumably has the second Saturday in April and another trip to Aintree as his main target, but he’s a force over hurdles and seems sure to go well again having been second in this last year.
While it’s off-putting that COURTING VICKIE has yet to get her head in front, she left the impression that a first career success may be near when fifth in a big-field Galway handicap off this mark in October. She gets the nod ahead of All The Chimneys, who scored off a much higher chase mark at Thurles last time. Brosna Rocco shaped well on her recent return at Limerick and also has claims.
EVEN FLIGHT made a positive start over fences at Wexford and is worth another chance to build on it despite coming down at Cork subsequently, so he gets the nod in a weak affair. Brawler is an obvious danger if he can find some form again, and Mattie’s Mountain can’t be discounted.
SUNNYVILLA left his previous form in his wake when successful on return/handicap chase debut over further here three weeks ago, landing a significant gamble in the process. The handicapper has reacted, but he’s a low-mileage six-year-old with potential to do better still and can follow up. Shopping Around and Big Debates are fancied to pose the chief threats.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- John Durkan Chase: Envoi Allen the favourite as Grand National hero set to run
- Tiger Roll next race: Grand National hero handed Saturday Aintree entry
- Becher Chase 2021: Chris’s Dream heads the weights as 26 eye Aintree glory
- King George VI Chase: Lostintranslation cut for Kempton Boxing Day feature
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Buzz cut as Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle market shaken up