* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Cawthorne Lad is no good thing to follow up his win at Stratford where he got away with some novicey mistakes. Percussion is of strong interest with more to come in this discipline, but a chance is taken on the well-handicapped GENEROUS DAY – who is accustomed to keeping better company than this.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
There are question marks about all the runners, and it could be worth chancing UNE DE LA SENIERE on her chase debut, having looked an improved mare when winning on her hurdle return and up against it in better company since.
Alpha Carinae may have needed the run on her chase debut at Kempton and the return to 3m shouldn’t be a problem so she is preferred of the remainder. Although Another Theatre is worth a check in the betting, having won off 9lbs higher over hurdles in March.
Light N Strike sluiced home at Plumpton, but he was no match for ISOLATE the time before at Kempton, and the selection simply never gave his running next time when expected by many to follow up. He’s given another chance. Across The Line and Heartbreak Kid both have chances also.
There’s some substance to the form of CARRIGDOUN BOY‘s Irish point victory, but Bridal Knot is a newcomer that command attention. It will be interesting to see what the market makes of them.
Calidad benefited from striding on at Fontwell and this track might suit him better. Preference is for PHOENIX AQUILUS though, who showed an aptitude for hurdling last season in stronger company than this. Here We Have It and Whenthepennydrops are other feasible contenders.
The two standout contenders are LYDFORD and Midnight Centurion. The latter is probably the best long-term prospect, but Lydford – with his Flat background – can prove too sharp for him around here.
Thundersockssundae is probably a winner waiting to happen off his current mark, but there are alternatives and MIDNIGHT CALLISTO (NAP) might yet fulfil the promise of her good bumper form. Killane shouldn’t be far away and watch out for confidence behind handicap debutants Global Protektor and Unit Sixtyfour.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Lingfield on Tuesday with Timeform
- Becher Chase 2021: Chris’s Dream heads the weights as 26 eye Aintree glory
- King George VI Chase: Lostintranslation cut for Kempton Boxing Day feature
- Cheltenham Festival: Buzz cut as Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle market shaken up