* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV Saturday gets under way here with a handicap chase over an extended 2m6f. There is a chance KAPCORSE is well in here for the champion Paul Nicholls and his stable rider Harry Cobden. Having his second run after a wind operation, my hope has only run once since February 2019 when he was rated 136. He’s been dropped to 131 and considering he won off that mark three runs ago he could be very well in here if ready. He stays and has back class. It just depends how fit he is.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
A Limited Handicap Chase over nearly 3m. Hard to oppose VALLERES here for Alan King and Daryl Jacob. The in-form runner was a good winner at Fontwell before finishing third at Newbury on seasonal debut. He kept on well that day suggesting this trip will be right up his street.
Now a handicap hurdle over an extended 2m 4f. MASTERS LEGACY looks promising for the master trainer Philip Hobbs and his stable jockey Tom O’Brien. My selection was off the bridle most of the way on seasonal debut at Chepstow but he came through strongly and eventually won going away. This step up in trip could well bring out more improvement and he looks a nice horse for the future.
Now a Listed Handicap Chase over nearly 3m best known as the Rehearsal. AYE RIGHT really deserves a decent prize and for some reason that I can’t understand has been dropped 2lbs to 151 for a tame comeback effort. I don’t get it because that was over 2m1f and this boy is a 3m+ horse! Hopefully it blew the cobwebs away and he can run a big one here.
A Listed Intermediate Handicap Hurdle over an extended 2m and this will be tactical. I’m not sure he’s good enough, but the one who should get the run of the race out in front is GOWEL ROAD for the Twiston-Davies team of Sam and Nigel.
A good winner at Cheltenham last time, Gowel Road is down in trip and had led before so surely will go on and might be hard to pass despite the others having class and a turn of foot in bigger fields.
This is the big one, a Grade 3 handicap chase over 3m 2f. The Irish raiders could do anything, but I’m sticking with ENRILO for champion Paul Nicholls and Harry Cobden. My hope was given a great ride by Harry Skelton to land the big chase at Sandown at the end of last term and was very unlucky to be disqualified for causing interference as he was easily the best horse.
He’s only up 4lbs and as he doesn’t do much when hitting the front might have more up his sleeve. Off 11st 1lb I expect a big each-way run.
The Grade 1 at Newcastle now in the Fighting Fifth Hurdle over 2m. EPATANTE is not my favourite horse but she really should be too good for this bunch for Nicky Henderson and Aidan Coleman. The 2020 Champion Hurdle victor has only raced twice this year and was last seen finishing third at Punchestown behind Honeysuckle. It was still a fair effort, though, and her turn of speed should be the potent weapon in a decent renewal.
Another handicap chase here but this time over an extended 2m. ECLAIR D’AINAY goes for the excellent Skelton team and I think will enjoy being down in trip. That said, my hope was far from disgraced on seasonal debut behind Good Boy Bobby at Wetherby. Should come on for that and strong each-way claims.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
13:15 Newbury – Kapcorse
13:30 Newcastle – Valleres
13:50 Newbury – Masters Legacy
14:05 Newcastle – Aye Right
14:25 Newbury – Gowel Road
15:00 Newbury – Enrilo (each-way)
15:15 Newcastle – Epatante
15:35 Newbury – Eclair D’ainay (each-way)
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 8 sweet picks for Saturday’s ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: 8 plays Paddy Power rates for Saturday’s ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 4 fab fancies at Fairyhouse on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Through the Saturday card at Newcastle with Timeform
- Long Distance Hurdle runner-by-runner guide as Paisley Park faces 5 rivals at Newbury
- King George VI Chase: Lostintranslation cut for Kempton Boxing Day feature
- Cheltenham Festival: Buzz cut as Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle market shaken up