* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It remains to be seen where they choose to race on drying ground and a split or fanned-out field is a possibility, especially with the experienced WhiteandBlue (who’s made the running the past twice) drawn in stall 11. That one’s stablemate, newcomer Penway, is worth tracking in the market too. However, MANILA SCOUSE sets the standard on either of his last two efforts and is the one to beat.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
Vadamiah may prove best of those with experience, but it’s not a high level she sets by any means. MONSIEUR KODI, Sweet Glance and Hotter In Time are three interesting newcomers, preferred in that order.
The signs were more encouraging from SAMBUCCA SPIRIT at Nottingham when he was close up behind Captain Corcoran. Both should feature, as can Val De Travers who looked unlucky at Musselburgh. Zoom Star also makes the shortlist.
Eye Knee has raced solo against the inside rail in the home straight twice over course and distance lately, the move paying dividends when having four of these behind late last month, but not so much when behind stablemate Little Ted last time.
Myboymax could well do best of the old rivals this afternoon, but the vote goes to SAGE ADVICE, who progressed well over hurdles early in the year before probably finding good-to-firm ground against him over course and distance when last seen. Despite being 5lbs out of the handicap, Catterick in the autumn is ideal for veteran Card High and he’s capable of going well at a price.
A number of these could lay claim to being best round what’s always been a specialists’ course, none more so than REDROSEZORRO (NAP), who’s looking for a seventh win here after coming back to form when runner-up off a sliding mark 10 days ago. Dual course and distance winner Queen’s Sargent and three-time 6-furlong winner here Jill Rose, who’s best at this time of year, are others to consider.
Today’s step up in trip should suit New Delhi Express now he’s handicapping at a lowly level, while Metal Man looks set to get involved again after two solid efforts for his new yard lately. However, it could be worth chancing RITA R, a lightly raced half-sister to two middle-distance winners who’ll appreciate the big step up in trip on her second start for Barry Murtagh.
Dark Shot did well to make all here last time given how hard he went, but MUSCIKA is capable of better than he showed that day and his previous third at York brings him right into the picture. Yukon Mission and Mr Trevor are others to consider.
Rain Cap is solid in his current run of form and Dandy’s Max has possibilities should this pan out more favourably than his last two races. Another with claims is DEEVIOUS BEAU, who has done his winning on the all-weather, but he ran well on soft turf last time over a trip short of his best.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 National Hunt season