* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Despite her lack of experience, it is tempting to take a chance with SIERRA NEVADA, a half-sister to her trainer’s National Stakes winner Pathfork. Esculenta was second at Punchestown, but could not be guaranteed to uphold form with fifth-placed Perfect Thunder or with West Coast who has another run under her belt now.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
A couple of potentially interesting newcomers, notably Beauty Amazed and Star Of India, but perhaps SIR ANTONINO will put the experience of his Curragh debut to good use.
A slipped saddle left TUT TUT with no chance at Naas last Sunday. Jessica Harrington’s Listowel nursery winner may go in again off 4lbs higher. On these terms she has a realistic chance of reversing previous Curragh form with Nectarine, up 8lbs for winning over 1m here last Saturday. Past Time, a beaten favourite at Navan on Wednesday, is not out of it.
This is a hot Listed race and perhaps NJORD, fourth in a Group 2 event here three starts back will collect after contesting Group 1 events at Longchamp and Ascot. There could be more to come from Masen, a big handicap winner here from San Andreas last time. At their best Current Option and Snaepraeterea would feature.
Plenty of these make some appeal, but arguably none as much as AVAGARDNER (NAP) who can step up again after a 6-furlong win at the Curragh on only her second start of the season. Young Angel should go close on her first 7-furlong attempt. Coins Cross and Big Baby Bull may also feature.
Knocking on the door lately, including when not getting the clearest of runs at Navan last time, ROSMANA looks sure to give backers a big run today. Plume Noire tackles handicaps after a smart maiden win and is respected, while Dream Tale and He Knows No Fear go well at this course and are dangers.
This looks very open. Boundless Ocean is of obvious interest, having looked unlucky in the Killavullan Stakes here a week ago. However, it looks significant that GRENOBLE is sent over by William Haggas and he will have no trouble with this trip, so can score. Anchorage looks the best of the Ballydoyle pair, while Voice Of Angels and French Claim are amongst others to worry about.
A very difficult finale, but it could pay to take a chance on TAKEACHANCEJIMMY who was running on strongly over 1m at the Curragh last time and stays this far. Dublin Journal, Pachmena, Rebel Tale and Malbas are all strong contenders.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 6 to shine at Galway on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s slick picks for ITV Racing on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 5 to thrive for Saturday’s ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s super selections for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Cheltenham on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 National Hunt season