* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
EXMINSTER looks the one to concentrate on in this competitive nursery. He is a nice type physically and wasn’t seen to best effect on handicap debut at Haydock last time, a slow start putting him on the backfoot and he still had plenty to do over a furlong out. He finished with a flourish to be beaten over 2 lengths by Outgate in third though, and he appeals as being ahead of his mark. He should go close off a light weight under Andrea Atzeni.
This looks a good renewal of the Zetland Stakes and Godolphin and Charlie Appleby hold a strong hand with GOLDSPUR and Hafit. The former looked well above average when making a winning debut in a mile novice at Sandown last month, proving very strong at the finish in testing conditions.
He seems sure to stay this longer trip and he could prove too strong for stablemate Hafit, who lost little in defeat behind a smart sort last time and is another who promises to progress for a step up in trip.
COROEBUS looked potentially smart when making a winning debut in a race that has worked out incredibly well on the July Course in August and looked something out of the ordinary for 95 per cent of the race when runner-up in the Royal Lodge Stakes over course and distance last time.
He made a big move to go clear two furlongs out but arguably went too soon as he faltered close home and was just caught on the line. There’s no doubt he remains an exciting prospect and he is strongly fancied to make amends here. Imperial Fighter proved he’s up to this level when second in the Acomb at York and this stiffer test should prove more suitable.
It is very hard to oppose NATIVE TRAIL, who produced the best two-year-old performance of the year when lowering the colours of Point Lonsdale in the National Stakes at the Curragh last time.
The manner in which he forged clear in the closing stages marks him out as another very smart juvenile for Charlie Appleby and it will be a big surprise if he didn’t maintain his unbeaten record here. Straight Answer has looked an exciting prospect in winning both his starts in Ireland and was supplemented for this on Monday.
Willie Mullins has won the last three renewals of the Cesarewitch and M C MULDOON looks the pick of his six runners in this year’s edition. He has only had one start on the Flat for this yard and was unlucky not to win in the Ascot Stakes, going like the best horse at the weights but was just caught further back than ideal.
He has since won a novice hurdle at Galway and has likely been primed for this since. A mark of 100 still looks lenient and a bold bid is assured under Ryan Moore. Live Your Dream ran a cracker in a trial for this over course and distance last time and rates the pick of the home contingent.
GALE FORCE MAYA arrives in fine form, supplementing her Pontefract success at the start of last month with a career-best performance to follow up in a course and distance handicap 16 days ago. She gets the nod to complete the hat-trick back at this higher level, with fellow hat-trick seeker Chocoya looking the biggest threat.
Though his well-being has to be taken on trust following over a year off the track, BARNEY ROY‘s record when fresh augurs well and he will prove a very tough nut to crack if – at the age of seven – all his ability remains intact. Mostahdaf put his Royal Ascot failure behind him at Sandown last month and he is greatly respected, for all that the drying ground poses a question.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s slick picks for ITV Racing on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s fine fancies for ITV Racing on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 cracking plays for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 5 to thrive at Chepstow & Newmarket on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s super selections for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Live Your Dream has a lively chance in the Cesarewitch on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker