* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Not too many of these can be seriously fancied. Major Snugfit has claims back on all-weather, but preference is for PEERLESS PERCY – who is getting his act together over this course and distance – and he can make light of a 4lb rise in the weights. He is taken to confirm recent course placings with Viceregent.
Ching Shih and Sky Watcher are interesting newcomers. But, this is all about PERIPATETIC, who created a favourable impression despite her greenness on debut at Newmarket and she should come on a fair bit for the experience. Fonteyn showed ability on debut and could be the biggest danger.
A few of these are closely matched on recent form, but it wouldn’t surprise to see BRONZE RIVER step up significantly on his previous efforts this year on this first run for Mick Appleby – who is adept at sweetening up similar types.
He’s dropped a fair way in the weights and is taken to beat Rocket Dancer, who hasn’t been at his best of late but he’s 2-2 over this course and distance. Boy In The Bar, Debated and Palazzo are others to consider.
Maywake sets the standard, but it isn’t an insurmountable one and GREAT HUNTER may be able to progress past him, despite dropping in trip. He was very green off the bridle on last month’s Chelmsford debut, but he should be more streetwise today. Patontheback is interesting on pedigree on this belated debut, while Forever’s Lady remains capable of better.
Thrave is 4lbs well in compared to future handicaps following his apprentice win over 7 furlongs here last week. There are no problems with the return to 1m, but he is up in grade and is taken on with the less-exposed WILD LION, who makes his handicap debut.
Although only workmanlike in a race lacking depth at this venue on his reappearance, he shaped as though he will be suited by this longer trip and he is open to plenty of improvement. Makeen is up in grade, but ran well here last time and is another to consider.
A tricky race to unravel. However, it’s worth taking a punt on FLAVIUS TITUS, who has dropped 30lbs since last summer and he’s interesting back in trip in this lesser grade on his return to all-weather. Tomily has prospects in refitted cheekpieces and cases can also be made for Freedom Flyer and Paddy Power.
Ginato, Elladora and Kilconquhar all come here on the back of a win and a follow-up for any of the three would come as no surprise. The Armed Man is dipping his toe into calmer waters and could go well, but the return to 6 furlongs could coincide with LOCKDOWN LASS bouncing back to her best.
Another Angel, Nibras Again and Street Life are all likely to go well under these conditions and enter calculations. Somewhere Secret is likely to click for Rebecca Menzies at some point, while Never Say Never is unexposed and Glorious Rio could be happier back on all-weather.
One for whom the move back to Tapeta is definitely a plus is SPANISH ANGEL (NAP) though, with a repeat of any of his three all-weather runs this year likely to be good enough in this company.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Newmarket on Friday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets at Chepstow on Friday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 savvy plays for Friday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Live Your Dream has a lively chance in the Cesarewitch on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker
- Fillies’ Mile runner-by-runner guide to Friday’s 3.35 at Newmarket on ITV Racing