Livia The Empress looks booked for another good run and is high on the shortlist. Colonial Love looks a likely improver upped to 1m 4f for the first time on her handicap debut, while Love Poems isn’t fully exposed either. KINDERFRAU made a promising start for her new stable at Kempton last month though, and she may prove the answer.
With Mekong out of sorts earlier in the year and nursing a three-year losing streak, this looks a golden opportunity for FANCY MAN to gain his first win in 2021. A runner-up in Group 3 company on his last two starts, he did enough in the Chester Vase to think he’d stay, and he can take this before having his sights raised again. Bugle Major may chase him home.
A few of these remain capable of a fair bit better. Jerriais and Knight Of Kings have claims, while the hat-trick seeking Wadacre Gogo is of obvious interest, but BOBBY KENNEDY (NAP) is preferred back from his break. Progressive in the spring, he ran into the proverbial handicap blot at Salisbury when last seen and he remains open to further improvement.
Alkhansa, Nikhi, Spectatrice and Trans Montana all remain capable of better, but YORKINDNESS may be able to break her duck at the third time of asking. Although she was beaten at a short price at Kempton last time, it may turn out that she faced a hopeless task against Speak and Natasha and this looks less demanding.
Maysong and Kendergarten Kop come here on the back of good runs and a win for either wouldn’t be a great shock. Byzantia will be happier back at 1m, comments which may not apply to Clegane, but BRAINS may be the solution. He’s on a good mark now and this is easier than the racing league events he has tackled on his last two starts.
The runner with the potential to blow the race apart is Heshmah, who was highly tried in the UAE and starts out for George Boughey in calmer waters. The betting should be revealing, but both Vitalline and GLASVEGAS are solid alternatives and the latter can resume winning ways after a good third at Brighton last month.
A trappy event in which all five runners have something to recommend them. Shining Success won well at Kempton last time and still has potential on the all-weather, but TOMOUH will find this a shade easier than the 0-90 she contested last time and she can gain a second course and distance success.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Our fantastic 5 plays at Leopardstown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 cracking plays for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s super selections for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s top picks at Leopardstown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 8 best bets at Leopardstown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Our top pundits cheat sheet for Saturday’s ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ value plays from across the tracks on Saturday