* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s very hard for any horse to impress on good to firm ground and then on heavy. Although DAIQUIRI FRANCAIS was workmanlike last time and she may not have been in love with the testing ground, the second that day – Loves Me Likearock – has come out since to win. Back on a sounder surface here off a mark of 78 – which I reckon is lenient on what we’ve seen – she looks a very solid play now.
CLAIM THE STARS is a very big two-year-old, so you’d imagine he’ll improve with racing and he’s a little unlucky not to have won by now. He was beaten on his last two starts but doesn’t look to be ungenuine and isn’t the finished article just yet. With all that said, he looks a fair price in this – considering the five places Paddy Power is paying. Frankie Dettori is booked in the saddle too and that is another positive.
INSPIRAL is favourite for both the 1000 Guineas and the Epsom Oaks next season and it’s very hard to get away from her against this opposition. She was very impressive when taking a Listed race at Sandown last time and she should have no trouble stepping up to Group 2 company here.
YESYES saw out the 1m 6f really well at Chester last time considering she didn’t look to be in love with the track. She raced very wide from a half a mile out and actually did quite well to hold on and win that day.
She was beaten by Save A Forest the time before, but it was her first run outside of novice company and she just looked to have lacked a gear, so Yesyes meets her on better terms here. Although she’s not that well in at the ratings, I reckon she’ll turn out to be a better filly that most of these at this trip. That’s why she makes most appeal.
This contest looks a bit of a match race between MODERN NEWS and Motawaajed, and preference is for the former. He won a similar contest last time at Newmarket and has been raised 6lbs for that, but the front two pulled well clear that day. The fact is that was his first run in over a year and he’s entitled to come on plenty for it. He should take plenty of beating now.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s best bets for Thursday’s ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 6 sweet picks for Thursday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s 6 slick picks for Thursday’s ITV racing
- Horse Racing tips: Through the Doncaster card on Thursday with Timeform
- Irish Champions Weekend races, start times & Paddy Power antepost odds
- St Leger: High Definition supplemented, Hurricane Lane odds-on favourite
- Horse Racing: Baaeed should be in the mix for the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot