* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Hoo Ya Mal ran in a storm on debut and ran well on heavy ground on that occasion. He then went and won at York, coming from towards the back of the field and staying on really strongly to win going away. He seems fairly versatile and this long straight similar to York should play to his strengths.
Armor brings Group 1 form to the table having finished fourth in the Prix Morny but at the prices I like Caturra from each way point of view. He was unlucky not to beat Attagirl at York last time having had to switch around runners and although he’s slightly disappointed when stepped up to Group 2 company this season he does have a really likeable attitude and I think he’s fairly solid each way.
Trueshan has been taken out now three times on good to firm ground so it’s obviously questionable as to whether he’ll definitely run but if he does, I’d have him to turn Stradivarius over. He was a winner a couple of times on good ground in the past albeit not at this level, but the fact Stradivarius got it very hard to win last time, his toughness got him through, Trueshan looks a fair price to me here and even if he doesn’t run I wouldn’t be taking a very short price Stradivarius.
Ryan Moore is an eye-catching jockey booking on HMS President. He ran well at York last time in what probably was a better race. He was close to the pace throughout and faded inside the last furlong to finish 7th but he had been very consistent before that and off a mark of 92 I’d expect him to be wining of it sooner rather than later.
Bernardo O’Reilly bounced back to form last time at Ascot in a less competitive race, but he is a pound lower than his last winning mark which came here over C&D last year. It’s a very competitive race as you’d expect but I think the price about Bernardo O’Reilly is fair and he’ll do for me each way.
Ryan McCue’s best bets:
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Irish Champions Weekend races, start times & Paddy Power antepost odds
- St Leger: High Definition supplemented, Hurricane Lane odds-on favourite
- Horse Racing: Baaeed should be in the mix for the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot