* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Ocean Wilde ran well over 7f here 16 days ago but LASTING BEAUTY has posted two pretty sound recent efforts over 6f and gets the nod in the hope the combination of first-time cheekpieces and a drop back in trip pays dividends.
Suanni is interesting on his debut effort but he was keen going to post and in the race here last time, so this place doesn’t hold fond memories. Preference is for GOLDENHURST who will find this company far less demanding than in a hot Goodwood nursery last time. Hersilia could be the danger, though both the newcomers need monitoring in the betting.
Touchwood could follow up his maiden success but marginal preference is for ENDOWED after he chased home a progressive Haggas favourite here last time. Media Blitz, now hooded, is the unknown quantity.
De Vegas Kid was a shade unlucky not to finish closer to the target when third over C&D in the Brighton Mile this month and the bare form makes him a strong contender in this less competitive race. However, his chance may depend on Dark Company and GODDESS OF FIRE combining to set a true pace. Both of those finished second after making the running on their latest outings. Slight preference is for John Ryan’s consistent filly.
He’s Our Star is a danger to all after his recent course win and Thomas Lanfiere could also bounce back from his below-par effort in that same race. SAM BELLAMY is also interesting all of a sudden after producing an improved display at Chelmsford last week.
It would be no surprise at all should Contingency Fee win again but life should be getting tougher for him and it might pay to side with DARTINGTON (nap), who hasn’t had many chances at this trip. Dawn View can also make her presence felt.
Alambrista suggested her turn is near when pipped at Lingfield 12 days ago but she hasn’t made the progress that is typical of Sir Mark Prescott-trained 3yo handicappers and is opposed with Simon Walker’s mount ETON BLUE who was third over 1m2f here last month and could have untapped potential over today’s trip.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 7 super plays at Sandown on Sunday
- Horse Racing Tips: 4 fab plays from France on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Sandown on Sunday with Timeform