* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
York 13:50 Hurricane Ivor
William Haggas’ runner has done really well since being switched from France, his only bad efforts have come under soft ground conditions. Looking at the forecast, it should be good ground or better which is definitely a must for him to produce his best. We can completely draw a line through Hurricane Ivor’s last run where he just got stuck in the mud at Goodwood, so the hope is that he is not at his ceiling rating just yet.
He could be underestimated in the market.
York 14:25 Dubawi Legend
This contest normally throws up a top-drawer performer and despite just five runners being declared, there is masses of potential in the line-up. Given the way he quickened away in the closing stages at Doncaster, Dubawi Legend look destined for Group class straight away. The second has run well since in what could be an above-average contest at Yarmouth, when just beaten in a three-way photo.
The Hugo Palmer yard couldn’t be any hotter at the moment and Dubawi Legend could be the answer.
York 15:00 High Definition
The Ballydoyle runner looked exceptional last term and made a fantastic return to action this season in the Dante Stakes at this venue, despite not having the race run to suit him at all. We needn’t worry about a slow gallop in here this time as The Mediterranean looks sure to guarantee a strong pace.
We can put a line through his last run in the Irish Derby as he is much better than that run. A return to this track over 1m 4f can bring him back into focus for big prizes for the remainder of the season. A return to the top level looks imminent for High Definition after this Group 2 contest.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
York 15:35 Alenquer
Although he has a good bit to find on official ratings, he should not be underestimated as there is no way he is at the limit of his potential just yet. I’m not quite sure what happened over in France last time, but I understand connections were not pleased that the jockey did not follow the eventual winner as he found himself in an impossible position with too much ground to make up in the closing stages.
If that’s the case this beautiful galloping venue will suit Alenquer’s long, fluent action, down to the ground. He can cause an upset in what is a fascinating renewal of the Juddmonte Stakes.
York 16:10 Makawee
He was supposed to run in a handicap at the weekend (where I fancied her) but was declared a non- runner on Saturday morning. David O’Meara’s runner has been dining close to the top table and holding her own for a while now. Makawee hasn’t run in handicap company for a long time and despite top weight, can take advantage of the drop down in grade with the yard starting to hit a purple patch.
York 16:45 Tenaya Canyon
Ed Walker’s Tenaya Canyon was only raised 5lb for her win at Doncaster last time where she seemed to gel with today’s partner, Saffie Osborne, perfectly. The pair can continue in the same vein and chalk up back-to-back wins.
York 17:20 Jadhlaan
Mark Johnston’s two-year-old Jadhlaan is already a winner over 5f at this track in June and showed he still has some upside when running on to be a solid second from the back of the pack at the Glorious Goodwood meeting last time. The step up to 6f now could bring out even more improvement.
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Our York Ebor Festival cheat sheet for day 1
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s Wednesday wagers at York on ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for York on Wednesday
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s 5 top picks at York on Wednesday
- Horse Racing tips: Through the York Ebor Festival card on Wednesday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 4 to score for Wednesday’s ITV races at York
- Juddmonte International runner-by-runner guide to Wednesday feature at York
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Bath on Wednesday
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK