* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Babe Alicious and Foad make some appeal, but ELZAAL has been knocking on the door on turf and Tapeta of late and his pedigree offers hope that he will be suited by this surface. Babe Alicious is next best ahead of Foad, with Triple Jaye another to consider.
Safra should find this more to her liking than the Listed race she tackled last time and she is considered despite her penalty. Stripzee and Grey Belle are also respected, but ELSAAB could prove well suited by this surface and she can build on her improved showing at Newbury last month.
Thrave has been given a helping hand by the assessor and he could revive back on all-weather off his reduced mark. Excessable and Praxeology can have a case argued, but none appeals more than QUEEN OF KALAHARI (NAP). Les Eyre’s mare has a formidable record in sprints at this track and returns to the all-weather off her last winning mark.
An interesting race with a few of these returning to a track where they have already shone. Better By Far and Marve feature prominently on the shortlist, but it is a Fibresand newcomer in ONE FOR THE LADIES who gets the vote.
Although she’s seeking her first win, she has shown clear winning potential and the combination of the return to 6 furlongs and addition of a visor could give her a lift. She’s a half-sister to a smart sprinter around here to boot.
A wide-open race as they all have something to prove. Perhaps MACMERRY JIM will revert to the prominent tactics that saw him win a course and distance maiden at two and he gets a tentative vote. Ventura Vision has a tendency to start slowly, but has good claims on her best all-weather form elsewhere and she looks next best ahead of Shaykhoon.
The last race to be run on Fibresand at Southwell. Few can be ruled out, but the progressive three-year-old KING VIKTOR has to catch the eye and the first of his wins was registered over course and distance. Scudamore is feared most on the assumption that his latest start was just a blip, with fellow course and distance winner Tigray and French Fibresand winner Lord Torranaga also on the shortlist.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
MORE SUNDAY HORSE RACING TIPS
- PONTEFRACT TIPS: Timeform take us through the card
- FRENCH FANCIES: Our 4 to score at Deauville today
- LE CRUNCH: Ruby Walsh and Matt Chapman’s top picks for Deauville’s big one at 14.50
- IRISH VIEW: Our 5 cracking plays for Sunday’s meetings
- PAUL JACOBS: 5 super selections across the UK & Irish tracks today
- NAP OF THE DAY: Today’s NAPs table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland