* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
I feel you can oppose Palace Pier in this and I wasn’t as impressed with him at Ascot when he beat Lope Y Fernandez. I’m not certain he’s as good as he was last year. For that reason, I’m going to side with ALPINE STAR. I know she’s not as impressive as everyone thought she’d be on the international stage, however she was second to Fancy Blue in the French Oaks.
She was second in this race to Palace Pier last year and then finished runner-up behind Tarnawa, who went on to win at Longchamp last year. She came back with an okay run in York and travelled well, but got tired on her first run in just under a year. She’ll improve on that and there’s every reason she can turn round last year’s form on Palace Pier.
The ground appears perfect for everyone at Deauville and there will be no excuses. It looks as though it’ll be a deep field, but PALACE PIER is rightfully the favourite. He is the best horse in this race and Poetic Flare has levelled out a little bit now.
We know he’s not quite as brilliant as the St James’ form suggested, but he’s a good horse. I love how he runs so much, as you know what you’re getting with him. He’s been a legend of a horse this season. Alpine Star is no mug but on the European stage, she’s not quite a superstar. Palace Pier is just the best horse and will be too good.
14:50 Alpine Star
14:50 Palace Pier
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
MORE SUNDAY HORSE RACING TIPS
- PONTEFRACT TIPS: Timeform take us through the card
- FRENCH FANCIES: Our 4 to score at Deauville today
- IRISH VIEW: Our 5 cracking plays for Sunday’s meetings
- PAUL JACOBS: 5 super selections across the UK & Irish tracks today
- NAP OF THE DAY: Today’s NAPs table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland