* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Masekela is the most likely winner of this. Native Trail, who beat Masekela at Newmarket in July, is a very good horse. Oisin Murphy may have thought he went late on Masekela but Native Trail was very free that day and William Buick did a good job too. Masekela has a higher level of form than Bayside Boy and Seattle King. Bayside Boy beat Find when a fairly big price and he looked impressive but did Roger Varian expect that? I’m not so sure. Logic points to Masekela whatever way you look at it.
I’ll go for Eileendover as the trip of 1m 6f will really suit her. Her bumper form is okay and she won at Market Rasen in January over two miles. Going up in trip on the Flat will suit her. Midrarr does have form at the trip but I’ll side with Eileendover in what doesn’t look the strongest contest.
I’m all over Hukum and the trip is key for him here. This is 1m 5f and his last race was 1m 6f in York. He raced over a mile and a half at Ascot before that but it was a bit too sharp for him. He’s a proper stayer and distance brings out the best in him. The more I watched his race at Ascot behind Wonderful Tonight, he just didn’t get going. Hukum is rightfully the favourite and he should win.
I’m siding with Ajyaall. It didn’t quite go to plan in York over a mile last time out but he’s back to 7f, which really suits him. Tom Marquand is on board too, taking over from James Sullivan. Ajyaall pulled hard over the mile in York and fizzled out in the last furlong. He’s down in trip and he’ll go a bit faster which will help him settle.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Ehrmann for Amy Murphy is my fancy, with Franny Norton on board. He’s only a three-year-old but he’s won at Pontefract, beating Ava Go Joe. He was fifth in Goodwood on his last start but it’s a step up in trip from 5f to 6f. He’s unexposed and could be worth a go.
I’m going for an each-way pick in Njord. I’m not sure whether he’s good enough to win a Group race but his form has been solid and I fancy him to run well. He’ll finish strongly and could easily place.
Soul Seeker bolted up on his last start at York in the jumps jockeys’ race with Tom Scudamore on board and that was off a mark of 83. He got a 4lb penalty for that. That win was over 5f and this run is 6f but it looked to me like he definitely had more to give. However, it’s interesting that Silvestre De Sousa has gone for Lampang. He was disappointing at Goodwood but was a really good second behind Danzeno at Haydock before that on slowish ground. I’ll side with Lampang.
Ruby Walsh’s best bets:
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 8 sweet picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 5 to keep the dream alive on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV Races
- Horse Racing Tips: The latest news & tips from Paddy Power News
- York Ebor Festival: 5 antepost favourites for next week’s biggest races