* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
David O’Meara saddles three and a case can be made for all of them, particularly Musahaba. However, a chance is taken on one formerly trained by O’Meara, OSO RAPIDO, who could capitalise on an attractive mark now back on better ground on his second run for Roger Fell.
Royal Prospect has shaped as though this step up to 7 furlongs is well worth exploring and he is second choice. Recent Newcastle winner Nat Love is another live contender.
Always a fine spectacle, this year’s Grey Horse Handicap can go to the three-year-old CAHORS, who has had far less racing than most and shaped as if her turn was near when narrowly beaten at Yarmouth last month.
Recent course and distance winner Devil’s Angel is feared most, just ahead of race regulars Case Key and My Style. The progressive Mitrosonfire has yet to be placed at Newmarket in three attempts but still can’t be ruled out.
Tim Easterby has won two of the last four runnings of this historic sprint and he has assembled a strong team once more, with last year’s winner Staxton looking the pick. His run in the Scottish Stewards’ Cup was eye-catching and he’s much better off at the weights with Mr Wagyu and Music Society today.
He should go very well, with stablemate Lampang not one to underestimate either. If the enigmatic Justanotherbottle returns to form in blinkers, then he could go close up the stands’ rail.
However, the vote goes to SOLDIER’S MINUTE. It’s been a muted campaign for Keith Dalgleish’s sprinter so far, but his recent Hamilton run should have blown away the cobwebs and you don’t have to go back far to find form that gives him the look of a very well-handicapped contender.
Down at the bottom of the weights, QUEEN AMANIRENAS might be worth chancing. She is less exposed than her rivals and has looked capable from this sort of mark since switching to handicaps. Vita Veritas is one to be interested in if the ground deteriorates and Misty Millie is another to consider after a good run when last seen on the Flat.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 8 sweet picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 5 to keep the dream alive on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Newbury on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 5 to thrive at Tramore on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 6 deadly plays at Doncaster on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: 7 to score at Ripon today from Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: 7 slick picks at Perth today with a 5/1 punt
- Horse Racing tips: A fine 10/1 shot heads our Newmarket selections today
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland