* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
There was a lot of incidents in the first juvenile race of the season at Roscommon, so the form should be treated with some caution. However, it is hard to get away from the chance held by runner-up ETERNAL PRESENCE, who had 3-and-a-half length to spare over the third Project Two. Li Mu Bai and Virtual Hug are the most interesting of the hurdling newcomers.
Not many of these make much appeal. Turkestan makes plenty of it on his handicap seconds on his last two starts. But, the standard is set by ABOUTAGOUT (NAP) on his recent maiden hurdle form, and he will take a bit of beating.
Consistent veteran Youngnedofthehill and Killarney winner Baltinglass Hill should be thereabouts. Cork winner RICKY BOBBY was still a bit green that day and may have a bit more progression in him than most of these. He could take some beating.
This looks a good opportunity for CREAM SPARKLES, a point winner who has been placed in three bumpers and holds a clear edge over Chicago Time on running in a maiden hurdle at Galway. The unknown quantity here is Helisone, a filly who is in top hands. Drifting Back was stripped of his win in this race last year after a positive test.
Several come into the race with good claims. Warreedy arrives on the back of a fine run in a Roscommon handicap chase, while definite chances can be given to the likes of Christmas Jumper and Definiteadare. Top-weight LOST OSCAR is relatively unexposed and a repeat of his excellent second to a well-handicapped rival at Listowel in June would make him hard to beat.
The more competitive division of the two. Icee M B A comes here in form, as does Arizona Flyer if she behaves at the start. Mullaghmore Wave has a penalty to defy, and preference is for the consistent AN DROICHEAD EILE. She comes here on the back of a fine effort in a Tipperary beginners’ chase and is not badly treated with the champion jockey booked.
Four last-time-out winners towards the bottom of the handicap here, Oscer Romero perhaps the most interesting of them as a dual course winner. However, WAITNSEE, lightly-raced over hurdles, is very tempting since she runs off 21lbs lower than her current chase mark with a talented 7lb-claimer in the saddle.
The shape of the market should be informative, but Derek O’Connor’s mount MAGNETIC ZERO will not need to be out of the ordinary to win at the first attempt. Modreeny and Shandancer seem best of those with form. Jamie Codd is a noteworthy booking for Tchoupinminzac.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: 7 sublime shouts at Windsor Races on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Through the Wolverhampton card on Monday with Timeform
- NAP of the day: Today’s NAPs table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland
- Horse Racing tips: A fine 15/2 shot leads our Ayr selections today