* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
John Berry has a decent record here and his Das Kapital, who goes well fresh and stays further, would be suited by plenty of rain in a competitive handicap in which only a couple can be ruled out. Casilli will be popular under Serena Brotherton, having again pulled hard last time. But, the progressive MY THOUGHT has stamina in his pedigree and could well improve again for tonight’s further step up in trip.
Her six wins all came in the first half of the year and she’s only landed one of her last 21 starts, but DANDYS GOLD is one to consider. Meanwhile, Brazen Lady – one of four runners for Lisa Williamson – is worth a look among the bigger prices.
Taj Alola won easily on his debut and only has a small penalty for it, but this is rather tougher. Triple Time sets the standard, having chased home two who went on to perform well at Royal Ascot on debut before backing it up here last time. However, preference is for THUNDER LEGEND, who shaped nicely at Newmarket and represents a yard with an excellent 7-18 record with two-year-old here.
David Loughnane isn’t known for two-year-olds, but Go Bears Go has been flying the flag for him this summer and SPACER is above average on the evidence of his big-priced second here early last month. El Hibri is a danger, having shaped nicely first time out for a trainer whose two-year-old tends to improve with experience. Meanwhile, 350,000gns yearling King Of York should do better having run below market expectations on his course and distance debut.
In-form Oisin Murphy has done well for Ed Walker this year, with 12 winners from 42 rides, and KAWIDA sets a good standard on last month’s Newmarket second, with any more rain likely to work in her favour. Tudor Queen should do better, having slipped leaving the stalls last time, but Lady Caroline may prove the main danger to the selection.
Tom Clover is an excellent 5-12 with runners here, for a healthy level-stakes profit, and the lightly raced Fabricated is respected on her turf debut having been unsuited by the way things panned out over 6 furlongs last time.
Ultimately, though, it’s hard to get away from SIYATA (NAP), who won with something to spare on her handicap debut, is only 2lbs higher and remains open to further improvement.
Not many come into this in the best of form, but that can’t be said of GOLDIE HAWK – who maintains her consistent profile and is off the same mark as when looking a bit unlucky at Yarmouth last time. Arch Moon didn’t run badly on his first start since wind surgery last time and is bred to appreciate this longer trip, while Sociologist could also play a part if getting into a rhythm in front.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- NAP of the day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland
- Shergar Cup 2021 teams and jockeys, competition format & Ascot racecard
- Horse Racing: Hurricane Lane the antepost favourite for next month’s St Leger
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Musselburgh on Friday
- Horse Racing tips: An ace 11/2 shot leads our Newmarket selections today