* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Givepeaceachance is the obvious starting point in an uncompetitive affair, but she had no excuses over course and distance (again at a short price) before her 1m 6f Nottingham win. The temptation is to take her on with DENABLE, who had Gavlar and Tilsworth Lukey behind on heavy ground here last month.
Silk Tie’s latest effort over course and distance can be marked up, with him faring best of those to race up with a good pace, but it came six months ago and he goes in first-time headgear tonight. Very few of the others can have cases made for them. But, there was nothing wrong with CABLE GUY (NAP)’s handicap debut off a 2lbs higher mark last month, when he found the drop to 5 furlongs against him. He looks the way to go.
This is easier for Repertoire off a sliding mark, but he never looked happy at Ascot last time. Conversely, there are no concerns about the wellbeing of MR TYRRELL, who can defy a 3lbs rise to make it three wins from his last four starts at the main expense of Kondratiev Wave – who may be able to get his own way in front again.
A trappy handicap in which Saunton, who’s done better for making the running in two starts since being gelded, looks the one likely to take them along. Gosnay Gold is back on a career-high mark, having been nudged up 2lbs for his short-priced Epsom defeat. This can go to GEORGE SCOTT, who is capable off this mark if the first-time visor has the desired effect.
With a solid course and distance second to her name it’s hard to escape the claims of PROFOUND ALEXANDER, who would be conceding 8lbs to Adaay In Asia were this a nursery, but instead receives 5lbs. Amiga Meu, who fluffed the start completely at Chepstow, should do better this time.
A handful are going 1m 2f for the first time, notably Purple Paddy, the frustrating Arlo’s Sunshine and Carmela Soprano. Doonbeg Farmer blew the start and pulled hard when turned over at a short price behind Sognatore on turf here last time and is more than capable at this level. However, course and distance winner ANNIEMATION looks a safer option off the back of two solid efforts round Chepstow.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: A tidy 11/1 shot tops our best bets at Roscommon today
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Chelmsford on Tuesday with Timeform
- Horse Racing: 3 things learned from Glorious Goodwood as Baaeed stars