* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Following this week’s shock news of Joe Canning’s retirement from intercounty hurling, we have dramatically lengthened their odds on Galway’s senior hurling team to win next years’ All-Ireland Championship. That’s right! We have boosted odds on The Tribesmen from a short price of 11/2 out to whopping 50/1 shots to win the 2022 title.
It has been a horrendous week for Galway sports fans. In the space of just four days, both their football and hurling teams were dumped out of their respective championships and the Galway Racing Festival was forced to get underway with a limited spectator attendance of just 1,000 racegoers.
Then their most famous son, Joe Canning, announced he would step down.
So, we decided to give fans the opportunity to back their county at massive odds, while paying tribute to Joe in a nod to the impact the record-breaking hurler’s absence might have on the Tribesmen. He is the top scorer in Hurling Championship history after all folks!
Galway fans were sick when news hit of Canning’s retirement. And who could blame them? Joe Canning is the greatest hurler we’ve seen since yer one puked in The Exorcist movie. But, it will be our stomachs flipping if they have the last laugh and lift the Liam McCarthy Cup next summer after offering these odds.
We also sent a mobile sign around the streets of Galway city on Friday to announce the move in hopes that their news might bring some cheer to the west of Ireland.
- Throw yourself into GAA betting previews over at Paddy Power News
- GAA tips: Score John Mullane’s 3 cracking picks for Cork v Dublin
- GAA tips: Pull hard on John Mullane’s best bets for Tipperary v Waterford
- GAA tips: Aidan O’Mahony’s tasty 3 plays for Tyrone v Monaghan on Saturday
- GAA tips: Block off Aidan O’Mahony’s Sunday selections for Dublin v Kildare
- Paddy’s Rewards Club: Win a trip for two to ANY Premier League game
- Rugby tips: 3 big-hitting bets for South Africa v Lions 2nd Test this weekend