* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
This could be a good opportunity for ISLAND MAHEE, who ran very well in defeat in a big-field Cork handicap on her latest outing. Hooroo also switches back to a novice event after a good handicap run and he is the main danger.
Onthefrontfoot was nudged up only 2lb for his narrow win at Southwell in May and could easily have more to offer over fences but aggressive front-runner FISHER GREEN won by 5l off today’s mark over hurdles in March and jumped boldly in a clear lead before finishing second on last month’s chasing debut at Hexham, so he may prove difficult to reel in.
All five runners have something going for them but top of the list is MR JACKMAN, who posted a good effort when third at Downpatrick two weeks ago. Dakota Beat has the form to feature but he’s had several chances over hurdles and a bigger threat to the selection may emerge from the mare Ailie Rose, who made a promising debut at Limerick in May.
The top three on the racecard were all last-time-out winners here but it might be worth chancing SHANROE AL C. Karl Thornton’s eight year old has a point to prove after two duff efforts this year but his win at Gowran last autumn was a good performance and we know from his hurdling exploits in 2019 that he runs this track well. Elmono weakened quickly in the closing stages of the C&D event won by Get Out The Gate 26 days ago but might be dangerous if the first-time tongue-tie aids his finishing effort today.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Pammi and Putting Green fought out a tight finish over C&D 16 days ago and remain on manageable marks but one with a bit more potential is STORY RORY (nap), who shaped with significant promise over 2m6f at Navan on last month’s handicap debut.
Pardon Me opened his chasing account three weeks ago and is still well handicapped on hurdle form but the most interesting runner is PRINTING DOLLARS. Laura Morgan’s new recruit was badly out of form over hurdles when last seen in the spring but makes her chasing debut from a very attractive mark and may have been refreshed. Lord Condi is next on the list.
Wise Coco scored over 2m4f here at the start of this month and is certainly not handicapped out of contention off today’s 3lb higher mark but her strike-rate remains modest and preference is for TIMETOROE, who drops in grade after a promising stable debut in late May. Island Nation was just a respectable fourth on his handicap hurdle debut in March but may yet have a better effort in him.
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 8 great plays at Goodwood on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 8 super picks at Goodwood on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 5 to thrive at Glorious Goodwood
- Horse Racing tips: Our Cheat Sheet for day 1 of Glorious Goodwood
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 6 top picks at Goodwood and Galway on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: The 4 best-backed runners at Galway and Goodwood this week