* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV coverage at Glorious Goodwood gets under way here with this handicap over 1m 2f. SKY DEFENDER is down in the weights a little bit now and might be worth a few quid each-way at long odds for Mark Johnston and Franny Norton.
The stable go well at this fixture and Sky Defender is down to 99 from up to 105 in the ratings. He ran well at Epsom off 104 in April and was terrific here against Maydanny and Bell Rock in July of last year.
Onto the Group 2 Vintage Stakes for juveniles over 7 furlongs. This trip will be right up the street of Royal Ascot winner BERKSHIRE SHADOW, and I take him to score for Andrew Balding and Oisin Murphy. The Coventry Stakes winner should relish going up a furlong and in general terms, this does not look the strongest renewal.
This is another Group 2 race over 7 furlongs, but this time the Lennox Stakes. SPACE BLUES is the defending champion, and he can beat his Royal Ascot-winning stable companion Creative Force despite giving weight away. William Buick rides Space Blues for Godolphin and he was in tremendous form until being well beaten at Meydan in March. I would suspect he has been laid out for this by connections.
Now the big one, the Group 1 Goodwood Cup for stayers over 2m. It’s impossible to oppose STRADIVARIUS for me and while he’s short odds, he looks a massive price for Frankie Dettori and the Gosdens.
Things did not go right in the Ascot Gold Cup and it’s easy to argue he’s become a little vulnerable at the age of seven. That said I still believe he’s a class act and he’ll hack up with the Gold Cup hero Subjectivist currently sidelined.
The show on ITV ends with a handicap over 5 furlongs and it’s wide open. I’ll take a wild chance with RECON MISSION, who goes for Tony Carroll and Ray Dawson. My hope is not as good as he once was, and his rating is way down from what it has been. That said, he managed to win at Epsom three runs ago, so still retains some ability. I’ll take a chance he slips into the frame at the very least.
Now, a juvenile maiden over 6 furlongs and there might be something useful in here. CITY RUNNER has done well at Windsor and Salisbury, and might be able to use that experience here. Scattering was an eye-catcher last time too.
We’ve got a 1m fillies’ handicap here. URBAN VIOLET ran well in the Sandringham at Royal Ascot and could go close for Mick Channon and Silvestre de Sousa.
This a handicap over 6 furlongs. LOVELY BREEZE is creeping up the handicap, but might still be hard to stop forHugo Palmer and William Buick.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 8 super picks at Goodwood on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 5 to thrive at Glorious Goodwood
- Horse Racing tips: Our Cheat Sheet for day 1 of Glorious Goodwood
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 6 top picks at Goodwood and Galway on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: The 4 best-backed runners at Galway and Goodwood this week