* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The market should be informative about the newcomers, with Saga and Thunder Legend making a fair bit of appeal on paper. But, this looks a reasonable opportunity for GOLDEN WAR against weaker opposition than in the Coventry Stakes. Modern Games could improve significantly on the form of his debut and is feared most.
This may go to one of the unexposed three-year-olds. Gloucestershire and Bill Peyto (second choice) are open to improvement as they move into handicaps, but WAHRAAN (NAP) is progressing with every run and can continue on the upgrade with another success.
Marco Botti and Stefano Cherchi won this 12 months ago with a three-year-old and they may repeat the trick with DIVINE MAGIC, who is better than she showed last time. Astrogem, from an age group that has won six of the last 10 runnings, is a solid alternative. If conditions remain quick, Lalania shouldn’t be far away.
Four of these met over course and distance earlier in the month and topweight Apollo One may again come out on top, but preference is for NOMADIC EMPIRE who finished second on his part of the course when tackling his elders at Ascot last time. Imperial Yellow may be the chief threat.
The admirable Mr Wagyu seems likely to give another good account of himself, but a chance is taken on FORTAMOUR. He has slipped to an attractive mark and is in better heart than his recent form figures suggest. Dazzling Dan should be thereabouts once more and is third on the list.
Chris Wall’s HAN SOLO BERGER likes it here and, while he was in better form coming into this race 12 months ago when only beaten a whisker, his latest effort in a deeper race was promising enough for him to get the nod. Buniann is the standout danger after running so well last week at Doncaster.
This looks tricky. Yankee Stadium has the ability to win, but he’s an 11-race maiden going in new headgear so is hardly solid. Preference is for ZHANG FEI, who didn’t get the chance to do himself justice when prominent in the betting at Nottingham most recently. Broxi could be competitive if seeing out the trip, and Cuban Dancer likewise should he break on terms.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s super picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s magnificent 7 for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 slick picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 7 super selections for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 7 savvy picks across the tracks on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 awesome plays at Ascot on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: A classy 11/2 shot heads our York selections today
- Galway Races antepost favourites for 3 of the big renewals at 2021 Festival
- When is the King George? 2021 Ascot date, start time, prize money, runners