* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Mise Le Meas and DUVET DAY arrive with similar claims having both run big races on debut but minor preference is for the latter given how much Jessica Harrington’s juveniles can progress second time out. There are several fascinating newcomers in here, notably Cynisca whose pedigree suggests she could be a useful 2yo.
Miramis has obvious claims on her 2yo form but it was a low-key reappearance here on her return and preference is for the consistent GOLDEN LYRIC who gives the impression she’ll be winning races sooner rather than later. Give Her A Squeeze has claims if she can bounce back from a belowpar run at the Curragh last week.
Reappearing three days after finishing second at Naas dual all-weather winner BELEAGUERMENT has a fighting chance of a first turf win. Fit For Function possibly has the best recent credentials, but might struggle to win from a high draw. Hands Down and Majestic Matriarch are capable of featuring.
This looks like a good opportunity for RED HEEL (nap) to record a hat-trick. She’s won three of her last four starts including a career-best at Leopardstown last time and a 6lb rise can be considered lenient for that win. Music To My Ears is a player on the best of her form from last year and Dedillon should be in the mix again, though will probably need a career-best to get her head in front.
It’s hard to separate these five fillies but a chance is taken on ACANELLA who gives the impression she’ll improve over this new trip. The unexposed Alazenya is the unknown quantity having had excuses when failing to follow up her debut win last time out, and Soaring Sky is interesting dropping back in trip after a career best last time. So I Told You and Let’s won’t find it easy conceding weight to the others but they’re both open to progress too.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Soft ground wouldn’t have been ideal for GATSBY CAP when bidding to follow up his recent course success but he should get quicker ground this time around and he has a fine record here. It was an encouraging return from Liquid Luck last month and Jungle Cove should be in the mix once again.
Despite having had little time to recover from her run at Naas earlier in the week, SCREAM can prove best. She has to reverse Killarney form with Crystal Pool but may cope better with this trip than Pat Martin’s mare. Clan Jock and Power Of Lazarus also have solid claims.
On the basis of consistency DUQUESA BEACH makes more appeal than most, and she has the merit of being a course and distance winner. She may have most to fear from last-time-out winners Dance Emperor and Clueless Hill.
Tips for Gowran today
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s super picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s magnificent 7 for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 slick picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 7 super selections for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 7 savvy picks across the tracks on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 awesome plays at Ascot on Saturday
- Galway Races antepost favourites for 3 of the big renewals at 2021 Festival
- When is the King George? 2021 Ascot date, start time, prize money, runners