* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Posh Girl is an interesting recruit to handicaps and she can go well, while Top Class Angel and Fashion Free also have claims after good recent efforts. Behind Fashion Free at Nottingham last week was FIRST DANCE, who made some stealthy late headway on her first start for four months. She may be able to reverse the placings to win today. Goddess Of Fire is another to consider.
The most likely winner is Lil Guff on the strength of her Newbury run, which was all the more commendable given her greenness was there for all to see. However, the chances are that OBJECT never did himself justice when seemingly fancied for a strong maiden in April won by the Coventry winner. The now-gelded Berkshire Phoenix should be more focused on the job in hand, and he too enters the equation.
Mahagoni and Tyson both performed with great credit on their nursery debuts and a win for either would come as no surprise. It might be worth giving another chance to FALL OF ROME now upped in trip for his nursery debut. He has been expensive to follow thus far, but he’s run against some smart horses and he still has time to fulfil his undoubted potential.
Wishaah should benefit from this step up to 1m and he looks to be starting his handicap life off a workable mark. Sibaaq continues on the up and can go well, while Royal Air Force may benefit from a gelding operation and headgear. ARQOOB, who wasn’t able to show his true worth at Haydock last time, may still have a bigger effort in him, though, and he can come out on top.
Although his record stands at 0-7, AURIFEROUS has been generally progressive and he made a bold bid when third in a Class 2 handicap three weeks ago. He sets a useful standard back in a novice and gets the vote on this drop back in trip.
Line Of Descent built on his promising debut when a close fourth behind a subsequent winner at Doncaster and he’s feared most for a yard that won this with a similar type last year. Constanta and Thousand Oaks are promising fillies, but they have something to find and need to step up again to make a major impact.
Preference is for Richard Hannon’s well-bred filly MODEL ACTRESS, who had an excuse on slow ground in a Newmarket novice last time and could resume her progress off what looks a fair opening mark.
The main threat could come from another unexposed handicap newcomer in Danni California, who has quite a bit of stamina on her dam’s side and looks a possible improver at this new trip. The other one on the shortlist is Cosmos Raj, who has form figures of 12252 over 1m and is respected back up in distance.
This could revolve around the last-time-out winners Eminent Hipster and BHUBEZI (NAP). The former made all in a 1m Windsor novice last time and is open to more progress back in a handicap. But, preference is for Bhubezi, who stayed on strongly to score on his step up to 7 furlongs at Newbury last Friday and escapes a penalty for that comfortable success.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Ascot on Friday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: A tasty 5/1 shot leads our Thirsk selections today
- Paddy’s financial boon for grooms with Best Turned Out Galway Festival sponsorship
- Fantastic five-fold sees crafty Irish punter score over €3.5k off only €1.44 stake
- Galway Races antepost favourites for 3 of the big renewals at 2021 Festival
- When is the King George? 2021 Ascot date, start time, prize money, runners