* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
RUSSCO came good in some style over course and distance last week and still looks ahead of his mark under a 6lbs penalty, so is taken to follow up at the chief expense of Heer’s Sadie – who arrives on the back of an excellent Kempton third. Valentinka showed the benefit of blinkers when third at Brighton and appeals as the pick of the remainder with the headgear retained.
Sir Mark Prescott’s DUKE OF PRUSSIA opened his account over course and distance six days ago and looks hard to oppose under a 6lbs penalty with more improvement to come from this progressive sort.
Rita The Cheetah arrives in good nick and can boast a course win so rates the chief threat, although it would come as no surprise to see Camerily Joe take a step forward on his first run for Mick Appleby.
RIGHT ACTION hinted at a revival when fifth at Doncaster earlier in the month and is favoured by these weights, too so gets the nod in a trappy claimer. Doc Sportello has already bagged two wins here in 2021, so can be forgiven his poor Epsom showing and is next on the list. Bombastic appeals as the pick of the rest.
There should be more to come from the low-mileage TARROOB on the back of her promising reappearance run at Newcastle, so she’s the selection ahead of fellow unexposed sort Prioritise. Course-specialist International Law looks best of the remainder.
A race which to a large degree revolves around KODIAK ATTACK, who scored by 5 lengths on turf at Lingfield last week and so should take a bit of stopping under a penalty – even allowing for the fact he’s drawn widest. Captain Ryan and Nacho should get involved in the battle for minor honours, while Hot Hot Hot needs a betting check under William Buick.
It’s perhaps worth taking a chance that a change of yard sparks TRUSTY RUSTY back to life as she is well handicapped on the best of last year’s efforts and it’s possible this drop back to 5 furlongs will help. Like many from the Antony Brittain yard, Raabeh usually runs a race here, so he’s shortlisted along with top-weight Refuge.
This is a big step up in trip for BASCULE, but there’s stamina in his pedigree and his promising reappearance run suggests he can with a race like this. Bashful is the obvious danger unless the betting speaks in the favour of the Crisfords’ newcomer Samara Star.
GHOSTLY was galvanized by the change of headgear when scoring here last week and still looks fairly treated, despite a 6lbs penalty. He can follow up. Irish Eileen and Mac McCarthy are feared most.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 6 not to miss at Chelmsford on Tuesday
- Fantastic five-fold sees crafty Irish punter score over €3.5k off only €1.44 stake
- Horse Racing: Golden Pal can shine in the Nunthorpe Stakes at York
- When is the King George? 2021 Ascot date, start time, prize money, runners