* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
HOWLING WOLF was well backed here at Limerick over 6-and-a-half furlongs two starts ago, but went off too hard and had nothing left in the closing stages of the race. Last time at the Curragh, over 7 furlong, he was held up and finished with a rattle to be beaten less than 3 lengths in fifth place, after being a 40/1 in the 26 runner handicap.
The James Barrett-trained gelding hasn’t won since he beat Santiago on his second ever start in a Leopardstown maiden, when trained by Tony Mullins, back in July 2019. He does run off the same mark as he did at the Curragh, but Luke McAteer in the saddle takes a valuable 5lbs off him and that puts him bang in contention.
SUMMA PETO was a close second in two small field maidens here last year before finding Listed level in the Britannia Stakes at Ascot too much. But, Keith Dalgleish’s colt bolted up here on his reappearance over a mile back in April and followed up on handicap debut at Wolverhampton off a rating of 83 in a really fast time. That marked him out as a horse that could rate quite highly.
He got 9lbs the Britannia, but found that contest way too hot. Dalgleish ran two in that race and the other, Gioia Cieca, was well beaten also. But, he won the other day at Musselburgh and that leads me to believe Summa Peto can do something similar here.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Our trader’s two top picks at Saint Cloud on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 4 to score on Sunday at Saint Cloud and Tramore
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 slick picks at Tramore on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 fab fancies at Saint-Cloud on Sunday