* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The apprentice’s take centrestage on Friday night and I’m sure there’ll be plenty of them riding in the Irish Derby itself in the coming years as there’s some really good young riders in Ireland at the moment. Sea Ducor is going to be very popular given his exploits over hurdles last season but the one I like is Druk down towards the bottom of the weights.
Druk looks an improver and the form of his Sligo win has worked out very well. The step up a couple of furlongs in trip should be no issue and he’ll run a big race.
Bright Idea possibly lacked handicapping experience when going down by a length to Baby Zeus in what looked a stronger course and distance handicap last month. There’s plenty of horses in here that don’t look to have the same scope off their mark that Bright Idea has and with that experience under his belt, he should take all the beating.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing: Awesome acca sees racing punter land £58k off just £6 stake
- Irish Derby 2021 entries, favourite to win and antepost latest news
- When is the Irish Derby 2021? Start time, prize money and runners