* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A trappy opener. SELECTO hasn’t won a race in 15 attempts but he has never been lower in the weights and he’ll enjoy getting back on softer ground. Lady Reset looks capable of a bold show returned to handicap company, while Carp Kid and Polar Cloud also merit attention.
It will be interesting to see how stablemates Desert (particularly appealing on pedigree) and Isemel move in the market, while Nazanin, Next Second and Daysleeper are also of interest on their debuts. However, PEGGOTY shaped with considerable promise in a decent race at Salisbury and, with Oisin Murphy booked, she could provide the answer.
Haydock scorer WILD BEAUTY is taken to defy a 6lb penalty with further progress on the cards. Her main form rival is River Pride, who went close at Doncaster last time. The newcomers need to be monitored for market support.
3yos are winning all-age handicaps for fun at the minute and NAVEGAON GATE is another with every chance of exploiting his age allowance. He has shown distinct promise in all his qualifying runs, latterly in a good maiden at this track. Amir Kabir has hinted that he might well raise his game over this extra distance and he’s the second choice, followed by previous winner of this race Frontispiece.
Soft-ground winner TYPICAL MAN gets the verdict back on a forecast slower surface. Second choice is No Day Never, who ties in with the selection on last-time-out form. Potential improver Deputy is third choice, ahead of Fast Moon. There may well be revivals from Sweet Bertie and Rogue Force.
Ed Walker’s SUNSET BAY (nap) would probably have won at Salisbury last week had that race panned out favourably and she gets in off the same mark. She handled this softer ground fine the time before at York. Blackcastle Storm looks a dangerous opponent back on softish terrain and returning to 7f won’t hurt him. Newton Jack is another with solid claims.
Off her much reduced mark, SWEET PURSUIT was nicely on top at the finish last week at Windsor and she can defy the penalty. Intrusive could be the danger if effective in new blinkers, while Lordsbridge Boy and The Waterman are others with solid claims.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 best bets at Beverley on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: Poetic Flare can turn over Palace Pier in Sussex Stakes
- Horse Racing: Palace Pier and Poetic Flare set for huge showdown at Goodwood
- Horse Racing: Awesome acca sees racing punter land £58k off just £6 stake