* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A tricky opener with the vote in favour of PLACEDELA CONCORDE. He looked all set to run his best race for some time prior to falling at the last at Sedgefield in April (looked most likely winner) and he could be worth chancing to confirm the promise of that run following a short break. Legal Beagle remains low mileage and is feared, ahead of Al Kherb and Molly Whuppie.
ASH HILL proved he retains all his ability on the back of a lengthy absence when just touched off in a Perth novice two weeks ago and he earns the vote in the hope he doesn’t find this coming too soon. Ming Dynasty, who finished behind the selection last time, and Irish-raider Recent Revelations head up the dangers.
Brian Ellison’s in-form GORDON’S JET looks to have got in lightly for his handicap debut, so gets the nod in an open contest. Fellow handicap debutant and Irish-raider Largy Trix rates a big danger though, with this step up in trip sure to suit. Meanwhile, Sheriff Garrett and Bucks Dream seem sure to be on the premises too.
PRINCE DUNDEE bagged a third course and distance success last month and is hard to side against here despite being upped 7lbs, with question marks over several of his rivals. Path To Freedom is still searching for his first victory, but is in good order and can make his presence felt – along with handicap-debutant Welsh Reign.
Nicky Henderson’s sole runner on the card THE BOMBER LISTON was noted doing his best work at the finish when runner-up in a Catterick bumper back in November. He’s taken to make a winning hurdling debut at the expense of Lanty Slea, who is open to further improvement having shown more when finishing second at Kelso recently. O Connell Street completes the shortlist.
METHODTOTHEMADNESS was behind Mah Mate Bob at Cartmel, but is now on better terms and appeals as the type to do better as a chaser and he gets the nod. Relkadam has edged back to a good mark, so he’s another one to consider having returned to form recently.
DEAR ALIX‘s third over course and distance on debut is the best piece of form on offer and he’s capable of better, so he’s a straightforward selection ahead of San Roch – who also arrives on the back of an encouraging initial effort.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 4 to score at Pontefract and Hexham on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 classy plays at Chantilly on Sunday
- Horse Racing Tips: Through the card at Pontefract on Sunday with Timeform