* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
I’m going to go with PRETTIEST in the Albany Stakes. She was very professional and did a really good job at Navan last time out. Seamie Heffernan rode her there and it was a very simple win for her. She beat Lopes Gold in that race and Navan is a stiff track. That was over five-and-a-half furlongs, and she should take to the six furlongs at Royal Ascot just fine. I like her chances in this one.
The King Edward VII Stakes is a difficult race to figure out. I’m not strong on any horse in particular. Gear Up has been a little disappointing. He looked much better in 2020, but his last two runs – behind Adayar at Epsom and Hurricane Lane at York – have been a letdown. YIBIR was second at Goodwood to Lone Eagle last month, so that’s a solid piece of form. But, I’m not keen on much in this race.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR ASCOT
- The latest weather and track conditions from the course
- All the non-runners from Royal Ascot as the weather takes a turn
A Case Of You would love any drop of rain that falls at Ascot. He really handles any kind of dig in the ground well. But, on the off chance that the ground has dried any bit on Friday, I’m going with MISS AMULET.
She was over-raced and needed the run in the Irish Guineas. However, she was a pretty quick two-year-old – who beat Sacred and Frenetic, and was also second to Alcohol Free in some of her runs last year.
This race is completely ground dependent for me. If conditions for the Coronation Stakes are slow, go with Pretty Gorgeous. If the ground is quick, get Shale on your betslip. It’s as simple as that really.
I fancy CREATE BELIEF in the Sandringham Stakes, she has gone up 10lbs from winning at the Curragh on her last start. On slower ground that day, Ben Coen rode her for Johnny Murtagh and I thought she quickened up well to win as she was doing plenty in front. I know she’s got the penalty for that win, but I believe she is improving.
I really fancied Baby Zeus at the Curragh last month and Mirann – who goes here in the Duke Of Edinburgh Stakes – was second to him there. But, Baby Zeus was value for that half-a-length victory. Mirann was on a rating of 96 that day and has gone up 4lbs for that run, so the handicapper might be just after catching Mirann here. AADDEEY is the favourite at the time of writing, and maybe he can justify that tag to take this.
I’m tipping BOOMSHALAA in the Palace Of Holyroodhouse Stakes. He won well at Windsor at the end of May and is in stall 22. Meanwhile, Equality starts in stall 19 and Significantly goes off in stall 24, so all the favourites a pretty smushed up together. But, the combination of Andrea Atzeni and Roger Varian are enough to swing it for me.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Friday best bets at Royal Ascot
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 to score for Friday at Royal Ascot on ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Our Royal Ascot cheat sheet for Day 4
- Ascot tips: Matt Chapman’s 7 picks for Friday at the Royal Festival
- Paddy Power Ascot tips: 7 shouts for Friday at Royal Ascot