* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The heavy ground was probably more of a hindrance than a help to MADAME AMBASSADOR when she narrowly failed to justify favouritism at Haydock and she can go one better. It’s never encouraging to see one hooded from the outset, but Pulcheria still makes obvious appeal with her good pedigree.
Ready preference is for BLACKHEATH (NAP) who appeals as a winner waiting to happen for new trainer Michael Dods. He’s won off higher marks in the past and 7 furlongs is probably a better fit for him these days than the 6 furlongs at which he ran well last time. Fred would be dangerous back at this level if able to get loose on the lead and Mr Millarcky has more races in him, but perhaps not today.
While fellow last-time-out winners Foresee and Feldspar (preferred in that order) could easily have another big shout, the vote goes to GLENCORA who brings added potential on this step back up from 1m 2f. Thunder Flash moving up from 1m 2f for the first time could also figure.
Armed with all her allowances (sex/age) DEEP IMPRESSION will be hard to beat if giving her running in the new headgear. Embolden could be the one to make a race of it.
Although LEGENDARY DAY was entitled to win at Nottingham when he had 4lbs up his sleeve, with the form working out well he can defy a 7lbs hit. Mark Johnston can be responsible for the main dangers and Top Of The Pops may prove the pick of his pair.
This is trappy. OOH IS IT hasn’t had as many chances as some of these and this is his first time over 5 furlongs with no headgear since showing his best piece of form on his second run. He earns narrow preference ahead of Emirati Dirham, for whom the return of blinkers has to rate a positive.
Atyaaf could be best of the three recent winners, as the handicapper dished out an 8lbs rise to Cool Spirit and Under Curfew is now on a mark that’s proved beyond him in the past. The answer might be KATHERINE PLACE, a consistent mare returning to the scene of her sole win on turf.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 8 best bets for Saturday’s ITV racing
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV racing
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Lucky 31 for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 8 super selections for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at York on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: A classy 17/2 shot tops our best bets at Sandown today
- Horse Racing tips: A tasty 7/1 play leads our Chester selections today