* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s very hard to not say that IN SWOOP and Sublimis should have run in the Group One Coronation Cup Friday, but alas, they clash here in the Group 2 Grand Prix De Chantilly. This will be the third time they face-off this season and I fully expect In Swoop to confirm the form of their last race at ParisLongchamp. I believe Sublimis will finish second to him, while third place should be filled by known mud lover Nagano Gold.
The Prix du Jockey Club is one of my favourite races on the racing calendar. We always get a full field and the draw is critical over the 10 furlongs at Chantilly, so naturally Paddy is paying an extra place here.
I was particularly taken with ST MARK’S BASILICA in the French Guineas. It was on a very soft going and he was able to show a great turn of foot on a tricky surface. He is drawn in stall 2 here, so he has the draw and the tactical speed to take and hold positions. Crucial to his chances is the fact his main dangers are all drawn wide, and are could have some bad luck in running.
St Marks Basilica is a very strong NAP for me here, and is outright my bet of the week. Elsewhere in the race, Normandy Bridge should take a step forward from his run in the French Guineas and is the one at a price I like to finish near St Mark’s Basilica.
These 5-furlong French sprints are always uber competitive with very little between most of the field. BATWAN is really trending the right direction and is a really solid each-way play here in a competitive field with no standout performer. I would also be keen on betting Batwan in match bets against the horses that are around him in the market, especially Tour To Paris and Coeur De Pierre.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Goodwood on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 fancies to follow at Chantilly on Sunday