* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Two previous winners in the field and Instinction looks much the best of them. She sets a fair standard, but has a penalty to carry and looks vulnerable to a useful newcomer. Those most likely on paper are Red Showgirl, Ontheflipside, Illustrating and SWEET AROMA.
The last-named was an expensive purchase at the Goffs UK Breeze Up sale in April and is likely to have been well tuned up for her debut. Instinction may give her most to do.
Having been well backed into 10/1 on his reappearance at Thirsk, FOSSOS (NAP) fared best of those drawn low in finishing third of 15 and can score off the same mark today. Mokaman has run really well on both visits to Catterick and is feared most, ahead of Harswell Prince who is back on better ground.
The nine-year-old COMPETITION was dominant in a Leicester seller last month on his second start for Tom Lacey and can follow up today. Splash Of Verve finished second in two course and distance handicaps last summer and is second choice, having been in fair form on the all-weather. Mutamaded and Loch Ness Monster are others who could go well.
Ordinary fare but quite an intriguing contest with a couple of useful hurdlers in Mrs Hyde and Giovanni Change trying their luck on the Flat against some younger hopefuls. Sans Pretention could be good enough to win this back up to 1m 4f on a sound surface, but she has a bit to prove and it might be worth taking a chance that TOO BIG TO FAIL can make a winning return after a long absence.
She has clearly had her problems, but showed promise as a juvenile and is bred to be suited by this trip. Hard To Fault and National Treasure are others of interest, but Mrs Hyde may chase home the selection.
Even though she is up in the weights, the progressive Pearl Of Qatar is greatly respected and it is only narrowly that MUSIC SOCIETY is preferred. Tim Easterby’s gelding has been shaping as though a return to winning ways is imminent and this looks a suitable opportunity for him. Praxeology, North Wind, Seas Of Elzaam and Melody King can’t be ruled out.
Sealed Offer looks a key player on her step back up in trip. But, she may have to play second fiddle to LEAD STORY, who was compromised by a high draw at Redcar on Tuesday and whose previous second on her turf debut augurs well for this. Kraken Filly and Deny Knowledge are interesting handicap debutantes.
This low-grade handicap can go to ETIKAAL, who is well handicapped and was a good sixth at Thirsk two runs back. The unexposed pair of Motawaazy and Shesaheart are others worth considering.
In a race that makes only minimal appeal CARLOVIAN is taken to return to form by proving too strong for recent Brighton runner-up Bayamon Belle and the well-handicapped Christmas Night.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 5 Epsom Oaks day picks on ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Our pundits’ cheat sheet for Epsom Oaks day
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 slick picks for Epsom Oaks day
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets on Epsom Oaks day
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s Epsom Oaks day picks on ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 6 value plays at Epsom on Friday and Saturday