* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
With two promising efforts to her name, ATOMIC LADY should be primed for this and has a reasonable opportunity to make it third time lucky. The most interesting of her once-raced rivals is probably He’s A Gentleman, and he looks the main danger, although a market move for the speedily bred newcomer Hello Jumbo would be significant.
It was hard not to be impressed by ARIEL‘s Kempton win last time, and he may well follow up if proving as effective on turf. Elusive Artist gives the impression he’ll be suited by this trip and looks a threat, while Empirestateofmind and Kentucky Kitten are two others who have hinted there’s better to come from them.
The only C&D winner in the line-up, TEES SPIRIT (nap), looks the one to beat. He ran another cracker when narrowly beaten at Doncaster and can resume his progress after a short break. The front-running Brazen Belle is second choice, although her stablemate General Sago is also interesting as he moves in to handicaps. Royal Musketeer finished last on his reappearance but could step up considerably on that if getting some cover.
Commanche Falls may well bounce back after a subdued performance last time but narrow preference is for MARK’S CHOICE, who can enhance an already excellent record on this course. A market move for the lightly raced Coase would be noteworthy.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
It’s hard to rule out any of these, but STONIFIC gets the nod after an encouraging return at York, with Contrebasse second choice. A market move for the bottom weight Wynford, on his first outing for Rebecca Menzies, would be noteworthy.
With a good recent run under her belt, BABINDI appeals the most of this well-bred quartet. She had little luck in running at Newmarket and her pedigree suggests today’s longer trip will play to her strengths. Barn Owl, also by Frankel, may have benefited from recent wind surgery and looks the main danger.
A few of these have questions to answer but the three at the bottom of the weights come into the race in good form and make the most appeal. Harrogate is on an upward curve and should go well but preference is for his stablemate THRILLA IN MANILA, who shaped well at Ayr and now looks ready to strike. Veteran Lucky Beggar, who ended a long losing run last time, is the other to consider.
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing: Nicky Henderson’s form among three things we learned last week
- Ruby Walsh: The ‘incredible’ Epsom Derby winner I’d love to have ridden
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s best antepost bets for the Oaks
- Epsom Derby entries and antepost betting