* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Ex-pointer DRAKES WELL ought to have won a maiden hurdle by now, but he didn’t do much wrong when second at Stratford two weeks ago, and we know he’s effective at this track. He’s been found a good opportunity today and gets the nod. Belle Jour ran well on last month’s rules debut and can make a race of this if he bounces back from his subsequent Kempton flop.
Chase debutant SILVER NICKEL is interesting on the best of his hurdle form, and he’s bred to win races in this discipline. Sunny Express should go well again towards the head of affairs and Old Harry Rocks also merits attention.
Magical Thomas should be on the premises and Mawlood will be if this is another of his better days, while potential from last season’s juvenile Tamaris could also present an even bigger threat. However, the move back down in trip may well do the trick for LADY CHUFFNELL.
Max Dynamo comes here after running very well in defeat on consecutive starts at Warwick this month and is respectedm but he encounters faster ground today and preference is for UNAI. He opened his account at Warwick last month and has some scope for further improvement.
Arthur’s Reuben and It’s For Alan will both appreciate today’s return to good ground, while the veteran Mogestic will be suited by the return to this track.
This can go to SAMMYLOU (NAP), who made very good progress over this sort of trip on good ground in the early part of last season and didn’t have conditions in his favour when returning this month from a break. Expect him to be ridden very patiently. Rumble B ran quite well when back over hurdles in a Stratford maiden two weeks ago and is second choice, ahead of Milrow.
Gary Moore’s ICONIC MUDDLE displays a rather awkward head carriage and is somewhat ungainly, but he kept on well after Joshua Moore sent him to the front at Huntingdon 12 days ago and is taken to overcome a 6lbs rise.
Carolines Charm appeared to show significant improvement when winning in good style at Doncaster in November, but he hasn’t been seen since and needs to prove he can cope with today’s 10lbs higher mark.
This can go to JESSICA RABBIT, who has strung together three good efforts and the latest at Ludlow looks all the better now. Kilchreest Moon could threaten to follow up his Chepstow win and he’s feared most, ahead of Bazarov.
None of these is that convincing. I’M ON SNAP didn’t run too badly when well backed for her recent stable debut and she’s given another chance. It was perhaps a stronger race in which Watchman fared okay at Bangor and he is the second choice. Espinator and Soarlikeaneagle also have claims.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s fine 4 to follow at Navan & Punchestown
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 3 to score at Punchestown on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Uttoxeter on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Our trader’s delightful double at ParisLongchamp on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Our terrific trio of plays at ParisLongchamp on Sunday
- Ruby Walsh: The ‘incredible’ Epsom Derby winner I’d love to have ridden