* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Much depends on whether Katsonis can repeat the form of his much-improved effort at Musselbugh on Tuesday because he will go close if he can, but SEE THE EAGLE FLY looks a more intriguing prospect. Now a 110-rated hurdler, she did show ability on the Flat in Ireland last summer and returns to the level in a very winnable race.
Point Of Honour returns from a lengthy absence, but has been placed in all three starts over course and distance and has already proved that he can go well fresh.
A few of these have met each other recently and with at least three established trailblazers in the field, there shouldn’t be any hanging around. In an open race the vote goes to WRENTHORPE, whose record suggests he would have needed his recent Redcar reappearance and he relishes testing conditions.
Dark Shot is likely to run his race again, but the main danger may be Zim Baby – whose stamina may be brought into play if they go too hard up front.
Stallone would have a good chance back up in trip were it not for the drying ground, while Nordic Fire was pipped off this mark at Newcastle on Tuesday. However, the choice is the unexposed three-year-old SPECIAL MAYSON, who ran with plenty of credit on his handicap debut at Newmarket last time and should find this company easier.
Not many of these earn high marks for consistency, an exception being Hope Probe who is a course and distance winner. He seems sure to run well again, but preference is for THE BIG HOUSE who has such a fine record around here and will have no problem with the ground. Desert Dream is capable of playing a part if on a going day.
Clear preference is for SELSEY SIZZLER, who has not just staged a revival for his new yard, he’s never been better. He showed strength of stamina on his latest outing. Next-best Bollin Neil has the course form, including with a career best last time out, albeit over 1m 6f.
Judged on his second over course and distance the time before, staying-on fourth Allerthorpe also enters the equation. Clifftop Heaven has been doing well on the all-weather and won on his first attempt at 2m last time.
Action Hero and Crown Princess have had the form of their latest runs franked, so they have to go on the shortlist. But, PERFECT BALANCE (NAP) looks to be a colt on the up having easily landed a course and distance maiden on soft ground 19 days ago. With the possibility of further improvement to come, he is taken to make a successful handicap debut.
Richard Fahey’s SACRISTY showed definite ability on her Ayr reappearance and this well-bred daughter of Twilight Son has the potential to build on that, so she’s marginally preferred to the more-established Lexington Liberty. Tequila Royale and Ella Jo, who was third on her reappearance just three days ago, look best of the rest.
With showers in the forecast, there’s got to be a good chance the ground will stay on the soft side, in which case JILL ROSE will be the one to beat given her excellent record over course and distance when the mud is flying. Captain Jameson (second choice) and Paddy Power went close in the same race over course and distance 19 days ago and head the dangers.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s lively Lucky 31 for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s super picks for Saturday’s ITV racing
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 8 awesome plays for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s 5 best bets at Punchestown on Saturday
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s top picks for Saturday’s ITV racing
- Horse Racing tips: Our trader’s deadly double for Saturday’s Jumps meetings
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Haydock on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 fab picks at Punchestown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 4 value plays across the tracks on Saturday