*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing/Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason, you will lose your stake under traditional antepost rules
Mac Swiney is 7/1 with Paddy Power to win next month’s Epsom Derby after victory in the Irish 2000 Guineas.
The Jim Bolger-trained colt edged out stablemate Poetic Flare by a short head in heavy rain at the Curragh to land a €228,000 prize pot.
Mac Swiney was a disappointing fourth behind Epsom Derby favourite Bolshoi Ballet on his seasonal debut in the Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial Stakes at Leopardstown earlier this month.
The poor run was blamed on a nasal discharge and he bounced back to his best in the Irish 2000 Guineas on Saturday as jockey Rory Cleary set out to make all.
Mac Swiney will now attempt to emulate his sire New Approach by winning the world’s greatest flat race.
Bolger said: “I’m the world’s worst punter, so asking me what price he should be wouldn’t get a very knowledgeable answer.
“In my mind there isn’t anything ahead of him – the form is there now.”
- OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Epsom Derby Betting
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Read More on the Epsom Derby
- Epsom Derby 2021 date and start time details
- Bolshoi Ballet the hot favourite for 2021 Epsom Derby
- Bolshoi Ballet ‘ticks a lot of boxes’ after tasty trial win
- Timeform think they’ve spotted the Epsom Derby runner to beat