Hurricane Lane is available at 6/1 for next month’s Epsom Derby after an impressive victory in the Dante Stakes at York.
The Godolphin-owned three-year-old finished strongly to beat Megallan by three-quarters of a length on the Knavesmire. High Definition – the 13/8 favourite – could only place third while Roman Empire held on for fourth after making all the running.
Speaking after Hurricane Lane’s victory in the final major trial for the Epsom Derby, jockey William Buick said: “It looked like a strong renewal of the Dante and this race always throws up a Derby candidate.
“This horse is still learning on the job, he jumped out and we got ourselves a nice position where I could just leaved him alone and build him up when I wanted to.
- OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
“It rode like a good race, for a trial it was a true-run race.
“I don’t what more you can ask of him. He’s answered every single call. He’ll have to step up again, but he’s got the experience now and he’ll get the mile and a half.”
*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing/Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason, you will lose your stake under traditional antepost rules
Epsom Derby Latest Odds
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Read More on the Epsom Derby
- Epsom Derby 2021 date and start time details
- Bolshoi Ballet the hot favourite for 2021 Epsom Derby
- Bolshoi Ballet ‘ticks a lot of boxes’ after tasty trial win
- Timeform think they’ve spotted the Epsom Derby runner to beat